General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User FastInternetPlz
(newbie) Wed 22-Mar-17 08:46:05
Print Post

Still waiting on getting FTTC :(

[link to this post]

Waiting for FTTC to appear is like waiting for luck, they keep saying we are in the rollout, yet no work has even been planned to my knowledge and also been stuck on Design stage for a while now, I really need better internet its what I use so much day to day and I have a Youtube channel to run, but with 9Mbps Download and 0.9 Upload its virtually borderline in this day and age, because file sizes are not small and it takes me forever to Upload a Video to my channel.

I hope that we get FTTC here soon frown 4+ years I have waited for false hope..
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Mar-17 09:56:09
Print Post

Re: Still waiting on getting FTTC :(

[re: FastInternetPlz] [link to this post]

If so important to you maybe it is time to be proactive and move to somewhere where it is readily available ?

Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(committed) Wed 22-Mar-17 10:02:46
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

As much as I agree, I also disagree. Why should people have to move when it should be a human right? wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Wed 22-Mar-17 10:03:45
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
If so important to you maybe it is time to be proactive and move to somewhere where it is readily available ?

You make moving sound easy, when its not, If I could move to some place where I could get better Internet, don't you think I would have done that already? I have got a hold of every person who could help this area to get FTTC, I even let the whole neighborhood know.
(newbie) Wed 22-Mar-17 10:06:45
Print Post

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WilliamGrimsley:
As much as I agree, I also disagree. Why should people have to move when it should be a human right? wink

Great Internet is a right not a luxury, everyone needs Great Internet now as like I said file sizes are getting bigger and also you see games over 60GB in size and that to me takes over a day to download.

Edited by FastInternetPlz (Wed 22-Mar-17 14:28:07)

Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(committed) Wed 22-Mar-17 10:07:16
Print Post

Well said.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Mar-17 10:07:43
Print Post

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

I see the smiley but superfast broadband is highly suspect as a human right. Getting 9/0.9 pretty much meets all the requirements of something that could be remotely considered a "human right". Anything above that is I think well beyond what could be considered a human right (assuming that Internet at all is considered a human right considering the number of people I keep seeing on the news that are starving in various war zones - not sure they would consider someone in the UK getting faster Internet as a human right).

I know you were being tongue in cheek but there are many who argue that Internet is a human right and I don't buy it that people need superfast as a basic right rather than as a luxury/business opportunity.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 22-Mar-17 10:08:58
Print Post

You posted as I did. I don't believe it is a right - it is a luxury. There is nothing in your human rights that stops you from living if you don't have a faster Internet connection. Downloading a 60GB game is a luxury - not a right.
Standard User hvis42
(learned) Wed 22-Mar-17 10:10:46
Print Post

Well, after 4+ years we are not even in the plans yet (EO line in London), getting only 3Mb/s down and 0,3 up, with connection drops a couple of times a day.

Recent cabinet rearrangements in Rotherhithe where I live have sometimes happened rather quickly. Most of us are stuck in "exploring solutions" stage since the exchange went fibre. Quite a many were also stuck at "in scope" for months or even years. But when the work actually started with some of the planned rearrangements, it progressed from "in scope" to "ready" in about 4 months.

If you are "in scope", your wait could be mostly over. Fingers crossed.

H
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Wed 22-Mar-17 10:12:38
Print Post

Not quite.

You NEED water to stay alive, you NEED energy (heat) to stay alive. You do not NEED to download the latest game, or upload pictures to facebook.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to