General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dippylicious
(newbie) Wed 29-Mar-17 19:28:37
Print Post

Cabinet database error?

[link to this post]

Looking to see if people think this is a database error.

The new cabinet to replace my EO line went to "accepting orders" yesterday but it is saying "Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet. This might be because the length of the line is too long to get Superfast speeds."

Now found this a bit of a surprise as I can literally walk to the new cabinet within 30 seconds, and according to the Sam Knows white box my regular connection is in the region of 17 and 18 mbps, so I know I have a short cable run or wouldn't be getting those speeds.

Also if I check some of the postcodes (some right next to the cabinet and others further away) served by this cabinet (from CodeLook) then they all return the exact same message.

Does this seem like they have made an error when updating the database?

Its cabinet P6 on ESSYB (Stoneyburn)
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Wed 29-Mar-17 19:32:46
Print Post

Re: Cabinet database error?

[re: dippylicious] [link to this post]

Depends.

If it's an infill cabinet where some lower speed customers on other cabinets are due to be migrated to this one, then the migration process has to happen before any new customers are able to place orders.
(newbie) Wed 29-Mar-17 19:46:35
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Can't see how it would be, but i'm sure thats prob something OR wouldn't share. The exchange serves around 2,000 properties across 2 small villages and this is the 6th cabinet, all the other collection of houses pretty much have their own cabinets that have been enabled, some of these were installed to move from EO lines as well, mostly ones that were further away from the exchange so would have had low speeds originally. The only outstanding houses sit outside the village itself are down as cabinet 5 (assume EO) and they are due to get FTTP (lucky them).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Mar-17 19:55:50
Print Post

Give it a week, as usually it gets sorted out and if not then pester me via email and will try to chase (providers can do the same)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Wed 29-Mar-17 19:56:44
Print Post

Give it a week for all the databases to line up, if nothing then come back and Mr S may offer his assistance.

It could be that your the distance your DP is from the cab, has been calculated incorrectly, so the system thinks you're a lot further away than you are.
(newbie) Wed 29-Mar-17 20:11:26
Print Post

Thanks both smile
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Wed 29-Mar-17 20:24:21
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Jinx!
Standard User Slumberjack
(newbie) Mon 03-Apr-17 16:12:31
Print Post

We have the same issue here on Cabinet 1 from the Drochil Castle Exchange (ESDRO) . The village was enabled last November but our street was "cough" forgotten. Finally after intervention from our MSP we were connected 2 weeks ago by contractors. Once all the crossed lines were fixed we get the same message when checking availability. Accepting orders, too far from cabinet. Same as the OP we're 100-150m away.

ISP couldn't help.

Is this a common issue?

Regards

Richard
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 03-Apr-17 16:56:19
Print Post

[re: Slumberjack] [link to this post]

I see a couple a week, extrapolating to say if common is difficult as don't hear much from those who are able to order and get service.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Slumberjack
(newbie) Mon 03-Apr-17 17:11:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Is this something you could help me (and the other 6 houses in my street) with?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to