General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 09-Apr-17 23:07:58
Print Post

DLM Banding

[link to this post]

Asked on another forum but thought I would bring it here, how long does DLM apply banding for or is it an engineer jobby to reset the line to get rid of banding. Some people saying they have been banded for months.

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus DSL-N55U and TP-Link WD9970 on 80 Meg LLU Fibre
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Apr-17 23:41:56
Print Post

Re: DLM Banding

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Banding does relent, but only if the line conditions improve compared to what resulted in the banding being applied.

A small number do seem to get stuck sometimes even when things have improved, but you need patience measured in weeks before assuming its stuck

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 10-Apr-17 09:29:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I think the longest I've seen for an automatic recovery to full sync is about two-and-a-half months. Partial recovery can be 2-3 days, and some rise in steps over time.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63790/13596Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WelshWArrior
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Apr-17 09:52:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Mine has been banded at 55000 and 17000 since before a fault was fixed last Monday. I have literally just got off chat with BT and they are sending an Engineer to do a DLM reset on Wednesday.

-------------------------------------------
BT Infinity 2 Unlimited
Speedtest
  Print Thread

Jump to