General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Apr-17 16:54:45
Print Post

Re: Procedure to change provider for FTTH (FTTP)

[re: Dr_Hignett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Dr_Hignett:
I wish to change away from BT (almost impossible to talk to, no email, price increased by 25% in less than two years). I therefore spoke to Zen (is there another choice ?).

If price is the issue, before you move, its always worth talking to BT Customer Options on 0800 800 030 to see if how flexible they can be on pricing (its their retentions department)
Standard User Dr_Hignett
(learned) Wed 19-Apr-17 19:25:33
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Good to hear they are contactable by email. I failed to find any addresses mentioned on the web site after going round their "help' in circles.

Perhaps you could share some of their email addresses with us ?
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Apr-17 04:22:37
Print Post

[re: Dr_Hignett] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Dr_Hignett:
Good to hear they are contactable by email. I failed to find any addresses mentioned on the web site after going round their "help' in circles.

Perhaps you could share some of their email addresses with us ?

Well there has been some posted on here, a few are found using google.

The ones I normally give out is for the following which are searchable and have already been posted on here:

Michael Rake (Chairman of BT) michael.rake@bt.com
Gavin Patterson (Chief Executive of BT Group) gavin.e.patterson@bt.com

The rest are either Exec Complaints and MD of Consumer Customer Care which are not really searchable, so I cannot give those out.

I normally send the same email to both of the above addresses and one of their members of staff will follow up on it via either an email or phone call.

Also if you have FTTP and have issues you can just phone 0800 587 4787 (FTTH/FTTP switch board)

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest | BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User legume
(experienced) Thu 20-Apr-17 10:42:13
Print Post

OT for this thread but your BQM doesn't look too good!
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Apr-17 10:51:48
Print Post

[re: legume] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by legume:

Whats wrong with it?

I noticed those dropped packets the other day, they seem to happen every 6 hours at 4 and 10, no clue what it is.

Paul

TBB Speedtest | BQM
Standard User legume
(experienced) Thu 20-Apr-17 11:14:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:

Whats wrong with it?

I noticed those dropped packets the other day, they seem to happen every 6 hours at 4 and 10, no clue what it is.

Paul

Well, there shouldn't really be any red at all.
It does seem a bit strange the worse episodes happen periodically, but there is also some loss between.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Apr-17 11:27:05
Print Post

Whats wrong with it?

Paul

Well, there shouldn't really be any red at all.
It does seem a bit strange the worse episodes happen periodically, but there is also some loss between.

Yeah, I have noticed this has been since the 18th, no point in phoning BT due to they will ask for me to connect up the Smart Hub, and there will be no way for me to know if its still happening due to the Smart Hub blocks ICMP frown

Plus BT love to pass off the issue to internal noise, even though its FTTP.

I did at one point think somebody here was using the hammering the upload, but the router said nothing was using the connection at all.

So it might be in BT's network or at our exchange due to there is working on roadworks outside my exchange.

Paul

TBB Speedtest | BQM

Edited by PaulKirby (Thu 20-Apr-17 11:31:44)

Standard User legume
(experienced) Thu 20-Apr-17 11:52:59
Print Post

Yeah, I have noticed this has been since the 18th, no point in phoning BT due to they will ask for me to connect up the Smart Hub, and there will be no way for me to know if its still happening due to the Smart Hub blocks ICMP frown

Paul

What a pain, though maybe the hub lets you set up a DMZ so you can send the pings to some other device?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 20-Apr-17 12:30:18
Print Post

If on IPv6 both WAN and LAN you can ping the WAN address of any device on the LAN. The trouble being you need to leave it on of course.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65273/13554Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Apr-17 12:45:44
Print Post

Paul

What a pain, though maybe the hub lets you set up a DMZ so you can send the pings to some other device?

Well I rebooted my router and got given a new IP, so I had to disable the old BQM and setup a new one, so lets see how this goes.

I might of just been unlucky and when I did the last reboot I was given a rubbish connection.

Anyhow I have told BT Care via Twitter that I would do the reboot and then recheck around 4pm and 10pm and if its still there I would connect back up the Smart Hub and then phone BT's FTTP Support Team and report it and ask for them to monitor the connection over a few days.

BT Care agrees this is the best idea.

I just don't like the Smart Hub due to IPv6 doesn't work on mine for some reason, yet it works fine on this new one, strange that.

So lets see how it goes this time, I know the latency is better and I cannot see any of the small red dots at all, so here's crossing my fingers.

Paul

TBB Speedtest | BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to