General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mgaidia
(newbie) Sat 22-Apr-17 11:23:08
Print Post

New cabinet announcement

[link to this post]

Hi,

I've recently moved to a new development, over 140 houses are being built and at some stage the cabinet we're connected to became full, however extra capacity was added since.
I mentioned it to the Openreach engineer who installed my line and he confirmed the capacity issue, he also said there is a chance that Openreach may add a new cabinet in addition to the current one.

Is there a website where I can keep an eye for a new cabinet commissioning ?

Thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 22-Apr-17 11:54:43
Print Post

Re: New cabinet announcement

[re: mgaidia] [link to this post]

If it involves roadworks then http://www.roadworks.org will show upcoming work up to 12 months in advance once request submitted to council

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Fastman2
(experienced) Sat 22-Apr-17 13:19:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

that suggest you moved to a development that has been connected to an existing fibre cab that may have been there a number of years or not -- so developer asked for copper only !!!! that cab may not be even be the radar for a long while to be upgraded - id raise that with your developer and ask why they did not request fibre and what are they going to do about it

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mgaidia
(newbie) Sun 23-Apr-17 11:52:40
Print Post

mgaidia

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

I did ask the developer about fttp a while ago and did not get a reply to my email.
I also checked roadworks and there is nothing scheduled in the next 12 months frown
Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 23-Apr-17 13:13:39
Print Post

Re: mgaidia

Put pressure on the developer.

If they're still selling on the estate, put a sign in yor garden advising potential buyers of the poor speeds.
Standard User Fastman2
(experienced) Sun 23-Apr-17 13:21:56
Print Post

whats the development called and what cab is it
Standard User mgaidia
(newbie) Sun 23-Apr-17 13:32:45
Print Post

mgaidia

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

The speed is not bad, my modem syncs at 39mbps.
I just wish we had fttp since its a brand new development. The developer is persimmon.

Cabinet details:
Exchange name: Mildenhall
Exchange status: Fibre enabled
Cabinet number: 8
Technology: FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 23-Apr-17 13:50:27
Print Post

It is very rare to be able to choose between FTTC and FTTP. If FTTP isn't available to you now the chances of it before a national upgrade in a decade or so are extremely slim.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65273/13554Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User mgaidia
(newbie) Sun 23-Apr-17 13:56:23
Print Post

mgaidia

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I was hoping openreach will add a new fttc cabinet in the development, especially that the old one we're currently connected to is getting full with only a third of the houses occupied.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 23-Apr-17 14:02:36
Print Post

If they do, unless some of the development is a very long way from the current one, a new one will be as close as possible to the phone cabinet (PCP), so not far away from the existing FTTC cabinet. It has to be within 100 cabling metres of the PCP. Which in practice gives a preferred ground distance of 50 metres or less and 80 metres at most.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65273/13554Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 23-Apr-17 14:02:54)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to