General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Sun 23-Apr-17 17:32:52
Print Post

Location of Cabinet in Bexhill please

[link to this post]

OK then the BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER says TN39 4LS is on Exchange BEXHILL and is served by Cabinet 1 - Can this possibly be right as that cabinet would be about 7 miles away if Code Lookup is to be believed by saying it is in Priory Road. I could not find it on that road using Google Maps but I did see Cabinet 74.

So which cabinet is TN39 4LS really served by and where is it on Google Maps please?
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Apr-17 18:27:00
Print Post

Re: Location of Cabinet in Bexhill please

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
OK then the BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER says TN39 4LS is on Exchange BEXHILL and is served by Cabinet 1 - Can this possibly be right as that cabinet would be about 7 miles away if Code Lookup is to be believed by saying it is in Priory Road. I could not find it on that road using Google Maps but I did see Cabinet 74.

So which cabinet is TN39 4LS really served by and where is it on Google Maps please?

You are on Cabinet 1 and its located here basically "Warwick Rd and Little Common Rd Junction" hope that helps.

BTW you are about just over 1km from your cabinet so 4 to 14Mbps FTTC is about right.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest | BQM #3
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Sun 23-Apr-17 19:23:37
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:

You are on Cabinet 1 and its located here basically "Warwick Rd and Little Common Rd Junction" hope that helps.

BTW you are about just over 1km from your cabinet so 4 to 14Mbps FTTC is about right.

Paul

Thank you for the cabinet location information, much appreciated.

It has to be said that the BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER gives a more pessimistic outlook of broadband speeds than you state which is sort of borne out with real life speed tests in the area with nearby residencies achieving 11.26mbps and even 30.11mbps! Information from the TB page. Generally it seems that BT is consistently out performing the competition in this area, often by quite a large margin. TalkTalk seems very popular here but might be having congestion issues because of that with an unusable service at times.

David

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Sun 23-Apr-17 19:34:21
Print Post

Here's am interesting thing, the cabinet mentioned could be No.1 but it does also show No.11. Additionally its twin FTTC is a bit elusive as it is not observed nearby. Any thoughts on that anyone?

David
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 23-Apr-17 19:45:44
Print Post

Bexhill cabinet 1
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.846512,0.455445,3a...

Bexhill cabinet 11 is at
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.8482983,0.4945713,...

The 11 is I suspect a google maps oddity, or a quirky paint brush when doing the stencil

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Sun 23-Apr-17 20:02:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Bexhill cabinet 1
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.846512,0.455445,3a...

Bexhill cabinet 11 is at
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.8482983,0.4945713,...

The 11 is I suspect a google maps oddity, or a quirky paint brush when doing the stencil

I accept it as a quirk with the Google camera as the next road along has distorted yellow lines at the road junction, but where the devil is the twin FTTC of Cabinet No1?.
Standard User witchunt
(member) Sun 23-Apr-17 20:44:55
Print Post

https://goo.gl/maps/DdgdFVbfErr
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Sun 23-Apr-17 20:57:20
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by witchunt:
https://goo.gl/maps/DdgdFVbfErr

Very good, thank you very much. It is all down to the date of the Google Street Maps where you seem to have provided a later version than I was looking at. I gain the impression that the ageing cabinet No.1 has been replaced with an composite cabinet and therefore a FTTC twin does not exist.

Case closed unless I am totally wrong.
Standard User witchunt
(member) Sun 23-Apr-17 21:45:09
Print Post

The PCP has been resehelled and an FTTC cab placed the opposite side of the road
Standard User burakkucat
(experienced) Sun 23-Apr-17 21:51:25
Print Post

Case closed unless I am totally wrong.
I wouldn't say totally but you are wrong.

Please go back to Paul's original reply, above, take the link he has provided and do not "move about" in Google Street view.

You are correct that the old, legacy, cast-iron GPO PCP has been replaced with a modern pressed-steel shell but that is not an "all-in-one" cabinet. Look across Warwick Road to the opposite pavement and there you will see the "fibre twin" to PCP number one.

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to