General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Snake
(committed) Wed 26-Apr-17 14:24:41
Print Post

FTTP available at goodmayes?

[link to this post]

Hi,

I went on the http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ website punched in my house telephone number and got the following back:

https://screencloud.net/v/cKec2

As you can see it says FTTP available - Is this correct? Can I now goto Zen (My current ISP) and asked to be upgraded smile

Snake smile
Standard User Realalemadrid
(regular) Wed 26-Apr-17 14:33:12
Print Post

Re: FTTP available at goodmayes?

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

It's FTTP on demand not native FTTP. Have a look at the other threads in this forum and be amazed at the cost of FTTPoD. Thousands of £ to install and around £300 a month for 3 years. It's really aimed at business customers.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 26-Apr-17 14:33:35
Print Post

No its not the FTTP you hope for, but FTTP on Demand which starts at £1000 install and £200 to £300+ per month, with only one speed available.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Snake
(committed) Wed 26-Apr-17 14:40:45
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

Damn, I get the install cost, its the monthly cost of £300 a month which is a killer.

If it was around £150 I would order it today!

Snake smile
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Apr-17 14:48:07
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

It might be a good idea to create a 'sticky' in the Fibre section, explaining what FTTPoD is to newbies ,the typical costs involved and by giving links to Fluidone & Spectrum Internet if people want to take their interest further.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20..(soon to be FluidOne FTTP 330/30)
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 26-Apr-17 15:05:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Bad boy Andrew. That's at least the second time in three days wink. £750 + £350 = £1100. Plus of course all the intermediary markups and Vat.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65273/13554Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Troll-a-day
Troll-a-day
I suffer from them
Everyday.
Standard User arronlowley
(member) Wed 26-Apr-17 19:36:42
Print Post

and the fact that virgin media can offer 300/20 for nowhere near that cost (thats if you can get virgin and if your area isnt congested)
Standard User Snake
(committed) Wed 26-Apr-17 19:43:05
Print Post

[re: arronlowley] [link to this post]

I would never use Virgin Media (I do have it available). I have always found Virgin Media to be "pants" and no static IP etc... I don't know if they have a business variant of their product which better but I haven't heard or seen good things when ever I have use their service.

Snake smile
  Print Thread

Jump to