General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User stevenling
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 10:05:24
Print Post

FTTP laid New build estate but no fibre package Shrewsbury

[link to this post]

i,

I moved to a new build house three 5 months ago, first initially they installed copper wire to property then they realised they laid the wrong cable as they should laid the optic fibre cable to the whole estates, and they finished all the work last month and I have asked the company who laid the cable saying they are under instruction Openreach to laid fibre to the whole estates and all the property will get FTTP . However the DSL checker still doesn't show that I should be able to order FTTP. When will this update?

Do the Exchange Cabinet need to upgrade before FTTP can be order?

Current Download wired is 1mb, wirelss is between 0.2-0.4mb.

Edited by stevenling (Wed 03-May-17 10:17:25)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-May-17 10:37:37
Print Post

Re: FTTP laid New build estate but no fibre package Shrewsbu

[re: stevenling] [link to this post]

All depends on what really has and has not been done.

Without clear pictures it is difficult to know, and it may simply be the estate has been wired and is now waiting on final inspection from Openreach before they adopt what has been installed and/or it needs Openreach to do more work to connect it to the wider network.

As for the cabinet, nothing happens at the cabinet, the fibre will run back to an existing aggregation node hidden in the ground, and then subsequently back to a handover exchange.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User stevenling
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 10:49:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Originally copper cable laid and provided to my property and last few months they realised they should laid the fibre cable instead of the copper, they (Openreach) Instructed CASS worldwide Ltd to laid the fibre (FTTP) to the whole estates. All CASS laying fibre cable completed at the end of March.

Do I need to speak to BT fibre team to order fibre package as DSL checker showing no fibre available.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Wed 03-May-17 10:58:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I think much is missing from the picture here.

As far as I'm aware, Openreach are not installing both copper + fibre to new estates. So how the OP ended up with a copper connection by mistake, is bizarre to me and makes little sense as there would need to have been a lot of planning/work to wire the estate up to copper.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Wed 03-May-17 11:04:54
Print Post

You need to speak to the Developer who will contact their New Site Manager at Openreach.

Did the Developer tell you that you would get FTTP before buying the property?
Standard User witchunt
(member) Wed 03-May-17 11:13:55
Print Post

What's the post code?
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-May-17 11:18:15
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Indeed I find it hard to believe that Openreach would mistakenly lay copper instead of fibre.

OP, you need to speak to someone in the know such as your developer or if you see an Openreach engineer working at your green PCP cabinet or estate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 mbps installation
1) Order placed
2) Survey done
3) Test rodding of ducts
4) Fibre laid
5) Jointing work - due 15/05/17
Standard User stevenling
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 11:38:05
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

SY5 8QD
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 03-May-17 11:48:41
Print Post

You aren't in what was the Show House or the one used as the sales office are you?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63086/13719Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-May-17 12:18:20
Print Post

So you need to chase up with the developer (since Openreach can only work on the estate with their permission) since developers own all the roads and pavements, the CASS people may have doing the work for the developer and the network once it passes inspection is adopted by Openreach. Or CASS may have been under contract with Openreach to do the work - it makes a difference.

All it needs is a mm size gap in the networks and you won't have service, so the question even if the estate has all the fibre (and not just fibre tubing/ducting which many confuse with the fibre) installed is what happens at the edge of the estate.

The developer will have a relationship with Openreach so put ball in developers court. If they promised Fibre as part of the sale you can use lawyer pressure.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to