Came across this forum and the excellent advice trying to figure out whatís going on with broadband options at a new build property Iím thinking of buying. I'm not having lots of luck with the developer so thought I'd check if anybody here could shed some light on the situation.
When I first looked at this property (a few months ago) I did a quick broadband check at the time and Iím sure it was flagged as VDSL enabled. The sales rep also mentioned the whole site is Ďsuperfast enabledí which I presume meant VDSL.
Iím now at the point of wanting to purchase so Iíve checked again. However it now shows only standard broadband, with a speed range estimate of 5-15 MBs and the Openreach tracker shows as ďexploring solutions.Ē Iím chasing this up with the developer but not getting very far yet. Off the back of advice from this forum I did some more digging and found:
- There has been a new PCP cabinet installed outside the development, with what looks like a FTTC cabinet right next to it. Can see it here on google maps streetview: link
- I think the broadband checkers Iím using are identifying the right location, as cabinet #13 is the ones the checkers return, and 13 is clearly marked on the PCP cabinet.
- Local exchange is enabled.
- Property is 0.4 miles from the cabinet.
- Nearby properties (not part of new development) all seem to be VDSL enabled, albeit they are served from a different cabinet. Iíve checked a number of addresses in the new development and they all come out the same.
- The development has been there for some time (2 years) and is now in its 4th phase.
Iíve checked with the developer but so far nothing yet and Iím at a bit of a loss as to where I can check next. I canít get my head around why a FTTC cabinet would be installed for the development, only for nobody to offer it. Is it possible the databases are out of date as these are new homes? Or was superfast offered but all connections sold out? Or was the sales rep just talking rubbish?
Thanks in advance.