General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Mappy_UK
(newbie) Sat 06-May-17 09:15:32
Print Post

BEAUCHIEF CAB 18

[link to this post]

Would anyone be able to shine a light on the progress of this cabinet. It has been in the build stage for what feels like an eternity, each time I check the delivery date I get a 6 monthly date that shifts forward when it has breached, currently, Apr17-Dec17.

Miserable ADSL speeds here and virgin refuse to cable up our 'long' driveway.
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Tue 09-May-17 09:11:20
Print Post

Re: BEAUCHIEF CAB 18

[re: Mappy_UK] [link to this post]

Work was actually stopped until recently on this one. Should progress within the timescales you have been quoted
Standard User Mappy_UK
(newbie) Tue 09-May-17 11:17:11
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Thanks for this, do you know why the work has stopped? Is it just from observation?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BD56
(newbie) Mon 14-Aug-17 11:38:33
Print Post

I just got an answer from BT on this (I am also awaiting Infinity...) which implies we will be able to order higher speed services in 'about 2 months'., and sheds some light upon the ongoing delays. See below...

AGENT: i've discuss it with Openreach and the fibre is available in the area but there is no capacity available in the exchange due to which you won't be be able to place the order. You can https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-g... visit this link to check.
ME: Can I check I understand what you're saying?
ME: The exchange is fibre connected.
ME: Is cabinet 18 Fibre enabled?
ME: The exchange itself has insufficient capacity - can you confirm?
AGENT: Yes, it's enabled but the capacity is full that's the reason you won't be able to order it now and the openreach is working on it to make a new exchange in the area.
ME: Is there a plan to increase the Exchange capacity?
AGENT: Yes, they are working upon it and the work will going to complete in next 2 months.
ME: Sorry, our messages are crossing. So I might expect to see availability in about 2 months?
AGENT: Yes. You can get in touch with us after 2 months.

Edited by BD56 (Mon 14-Aug-17 11:43:11)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 14-Aug-17 11:40:33
Print Post

[re: BD56] [link to this post]

New exchanges are very rare, capacity expansions at the cabinet level are the common thing...

Am seeing an increasing number of people call the green street cabinets the exchange

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BD56
(newbie) Mon 14-Aug-17 11:45:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi, I did try to clarify. The transcription is lifted from the BT chat screen. But you may well be right. smile
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Mon 14-Aug-17 12:12:01
Print Post

Strange response from BT considering the cabinet isnt complete.something got lost in translation possibly
Standard User Mappy_UK
(newbie) Tue 10-Oct-17 10:15:39
Print Post

I was wondering if you had an update on this. It seems very unlikely they would be building an Exchange but the new cabinet has been there for nearly a year awaiting connection so itís very puzzling.
Standard User Mappy_UK
(newbie) Tue 10-Oct-17 10:16:45
Print Post

Hi, what do you mean by the cabinet isnít complete. It is clearly standing there, is it just not wired up and connected?
  Print Thread

Jump to