General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User arronlowley
(member) Tue 09-May-17 16:17:24
Print Post

engineer visit, made things worse, need help.

[link to this post]

so recently roadworks have been going on near the dslam, and i noticed the other day on my modem than my sync speed had dropped from the max attainable of 70 all the way down to 49. i was peed.

so i rang sky and they booked me an engineer, two days ago my sync went up to bang on 60 at 60000/19999, from this i knew dlm was capping me, but i had no interleave...

today an engineer came and reset the dlm, he then said the speed wont go back up, i was thinking how is this possible. he then said there is something going on but he checked the cab and nothing was an issue there and my phone-line came back fine.

after he went i logged into the modem to see that not only has my speed not increased but now im also being interleaved, great stuff...

does g.inp turn off when dlm is reset and will i have to wait for it to reactivate so that interleaving goes?

ive noticed that over the weekend my ping has been pretty much a flatline, however, last friday and this monday and today its all over, this is another reason i think the roadworks are messing with my line.

Edited by arronlowley (Tue 09-May-17 16:20:46)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 09-May-17 18:58:13
Print Post

Re: engineer visit, made things worse, need help.

[re: arronlowley] [link to this post]

g.inp is normally off by default, so yes it may take some time for the DLM to decide its ok to switch on g.inp

To be frank, if the roadworks are on-going and blipping errors, its not worth trying to chase down anything until they have gone

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User arronlowley
(member) Wed 10-May-17 18:28:05
Print Post

Re: engineer visit, made things worse, need help.

[re: arronlowley] [link to this post]

i understand saf, anyhow it usually takes 2 days for dlm to kick in for me, hoping to get my ping back to normal, im a bit disappointed my speed hasnt gone back up, this is the only time a dlm reset hasnt given my my max sync, he told me that something wasnt allowing the sync to go back up.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to