General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lentos
(newbie) Wed 10-May-17 08:34:39
Print Post

Hub/router

[link to this post]

I am thinking of changing from Sky to Bt (good 1 year offer). If after the contract ends and I change again-say back to Sky-will the BT router/hub work on SKY (or on any other provider)?

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-May-17 09:35:34
Print Post

Re: Hub/router

[re: lentos] [link to this post]

The majority of other suppliers would of course send you their device to if you move again.

Some models of home hub can be reconfigured to work with other providers, but not the latest Smart Hub as far as I am aware.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-May-17 09:53:15
Print Post

[re: lentos] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lentos:
I am thinking of changing from Sky to Bt (good 1 year offer). If after the contract ends and I change again-say back to Sky-will the BT router/hub work on SKY (or on any other provider)?

Thanks
No - also BT require the SmartHub to be posted back when the contract comes to an end and you switch providers. You can only keep the equipment if you paid for it upfront.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-May-17 18:47:09
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

I don't believe that's right.

They send you an envelope for recycling, but you're under no obligation to return it.

Kris

Sky Fibre
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-May-17 20:04:54
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kr1s69:
I don't believe that's right.

They send you an envelope for recycling, but you're under no obligation to return it.

Agreed, even when I got a replacement HH4 when I was on ADSL2+ which arrived in a recycle me type box, they never asked for the old one to go back.

I can understand them asking for it if you cancel the broadband with them while in the cool down period.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest | BQM #4 Linksys WRT 3200 ACM
  Print Thread

Jump to