General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Giles_uk
(newbie) Wed 17-May-17 19:27:37
Print Post

Virgin Business Fibre

[link to this post]

Hi there,

I have been in touch with Virgin Business Fibre to try and get their services.

They say that they need to do some digging work from my premises to the green box which is about 100 - 150 feet away and they are wanting just over £5000 for the work but they said that they are paying the first £1200.

Should this cost be covered by them as the provider and improving their infrastructure or should we fit the bill?

Does anyone have any other ideas for getting decent internet speeds to my premises without having to spend so much cast?

Many thanks,
Giles.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 17-May-17 19:29:47
Print Post

Re: Virgin Business Fibre

[re: Giles_uk] [link to this post]

On the improving network, who else would benefit from the 100-150 foot dig?

Of course they could say free install and then just load up the monthly fee

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 18-May-17 08:08:21
Print Post

It costs them money to do it. They have no obligation to do it. You want it rather than them wanting to force it on you. All this adds up to it being you that pays - to be honest they don't have to swallow the first £1200 either.

They could spend £5000 installing it for you and then you move in 3 months time - that leaves them with a big hole in the profit and loss sheet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(experienced) Thu 18-May-17 08:26:15
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
They could spend £5000 installing it for you and then you move in 3 months time - that leaves them with a big hole in the profit and loss sheet.

Now, that isn't something you hear everyday. Well said, Ian.

Router in use: Billion BiPAC 8800AXL.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 18-May-17 09:01:52
Print Post

I know what you are saying and have mentioned it here before.

They refused to provide service to me because my garden is too long! Even more annoying is that when they did the run along the footway the contractors had the cheek to dump two tonnes of rubble on part of my garden - soon dealt with though.

The phrase is "cherry picking"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 18-May-17 19:11:32
Print Post

What does the BT Wholesale checker say for your line, if you don't have a BT phone number then use the full address checker.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/btwchecker.php - I've linked this one as I can't track down the direct BT one thats not got the out of date security certificate.

Standard User comnut1
(newbie) Thu 18-May-17 20:57:12
Print Post

The company I work for is becoming very disgruntled with the 'service' VM business provides...

no help from support, clueless answers, 'should have been done' when it has not!! While shopping, my boss recognized a guy who fixed it last year, and he said he would have a look, other wise we would still be stuck...:/

If you can get a different gigabit service, would it be worth a try????

The support for my home service is much better... but...
  Print Thread

Jump to