General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User FastInternetPlz
(learned) Fri 26-May-17 03:29:57
Print Post

How Long?

[link to this post]

So I am now finally on the build stage but funny thing is Roadworks doesn't show any work being done anytime soon and also on the Openreach website Technology says nothing for me my guess would be FTTC is what they are going to fit.

My question is how long (roughly) after being put on Build Stage can I expect a Cabinet to appear?
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Fri 26-May-17 06:30:21
Print Post

Re: How Long?

[re: FastInternetPlz] [link to this post]

Could be 6 months or more
(learned) Fri 26-May-17 10:08:51
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

6 Months? To only put the Pipe, Foundation and Cabinet in place.... The hell..... That has to be the worse case scenario right?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User witchunt
(committed) Fri 26-May-17 10:48:07
Print Post

No ,that's typical .could be less, could be more. Its not the amount of work required but the resources to do it.

Edited by witchunt (Fri 26-May-17 10:49:21)

Standard User cymru123
(regular) Fri 26-May-17 11:03:32
Print Post

The worst case scenarios I have seen for the cabinet to be Accepting orders for FTTC is several years after the FTTC DSLAM cabinet shell is placed on it's stand.

Any issues or challenges along the process can cause delays.

Though as others have said around 6 is typical, however can be quicker or longer.

Edited by cymru123 (Fri 26-May-17 11:04:28)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 26-May-17 11:28:52
Print Post

6 Months? To only put the Pipe, Foundation and Cabinet in place.... The hell.

What of arranging the power, blowing and splicing the fibre, verifying it all works before accepting orders.

Standard User simon194
(experienced) Fri 26-May-17 12:02:52
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

We had one near me failed the electrical safety checks and got taken away and nothing reappeared for 6 months.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-May-17 18:28:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by FastInternetPlz:
6 Months? To only put the Pipe, Foundation and Cabinet in place.... The hell..... That has to be the worse case scenario right?

It isn't about how quickly one cabinet could be installed if everyone focused on just that one.

It is more about the pipeline of many, many cabinets ... and how full the worklists are for the people working on them, and for the necessary admin tasks to mature (planning periods, roadwork notification periods etc)

Based on the most recent announcements, BT are currently activating 150 cabinets per week. They need a hefty pipeline to keep that rate going.
(learned) Sat 27-May-17 18:45:07
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Well that's just great, if it takes 6 months to fully connect or even more, I might as well just quit doing Youtube with my 2.1k subs because they will become inactive within that time.
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Sun 28-May-17 10:04:40
Print Post

One near where I used to live me was stood for over a year waiting to have the power connected. Apparently the local council wouldn't grant a license until after a 48 week gas main replacement project on the same road had been completed.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to