General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User chrisdev
(newbie) Mon 29-May-17 20:28:19
Print Post

FTTP DP in a pavement chamber

[link to this post]

Hi, Id like to know if anyone has seen this kind of FTTP deployment.

My postcode (TD14 5TJ) is in scope to get FTTP.

Existing copper lines pop out from a pavement chamber at the end of the lane and then run overhead for about 300 meters down the lane to reach the group of houses in this postcode.

Ive not seen any overhead fibre work being done on the lane yet, is it possible that the DP/manifold is already in place within the pavement chamber and the first person to order FTTP would initiate the 300m overhead fibre work along the lane?

Put another way, should I wait to see overhead work on the lane before getting too excited?
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Mon 29-May-17 20:55:27
Print Post

Re: FTTP DP in a pavement chamber

[re: chrisdev] [link to this post]

If existing network is underground and there is duct in place then expect the FTTP to be underground as well. Where the fibre DP is located depends on several factors including the properties to be covered and how far apart they are from the Fibre DP location.
Standard User cymru123
(member) Mon 29-May-17 21:38:10
Print Post

I would expect some works both above and below ground before getting too excited. I believe the FTTP infrastructure needs to be within 150meters of the properties it is potentially going to serve.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 30-May-17 09:36:48
Print Post

There is not likely to be any fibre related kit in the pavement chamber yet.

Where ducts are already available they are used for the fibre and the fibre manifold can be underground too.

Its a case of waiting

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User chrisdev
(newbie) Tue 30-May-17 12:27:29
Print Post

Thanks all, appreciate the info. If anyone has specific insight into this postcode too, I'm all ears!
  Print Thread

Jump to