Unfortunately TalkTalk haven't been able to migrate my broadband service. It seems they can't do it unless they take over my line completely, and they say it will necessitate changing the telephone number, which my dad is unwilling to do. So we remain on Sky ADSL.
Here's a timeline of events:
- We raised an order with TalkTalk to add fibre to our line rental.
- TalkTalk cancel the order without explanation.
- We raise the order again with them over the phone.
- We receive a letter from Sky with the migration date.
- We receive a letter from Sky with the new migration date from the second order.
- TalkTalk move the Go Live date up by three weeks without telling us. A TalkTalk customer services rep says the new date on the order tracking page must be an error and our router has definitely been despatched.
- We call Sky to ask if the cancellation date has been changed to match the new Go Live date. They say the migration date is still showing as the old date and they can't do anything about it as TalkTalk initiated the migration so it looks like we will have three weeks without internet access.
- The TalkTalk router never turns up.
- Come the original Go Live date, we have no internet access so it appears that Sky have cut us off as planned. It later turns out to be a 24 hour interruption to Sky services in Cheshire and North Wales and just a coincidence. Internet access with Sky is restored the following day, so it seems they didn't cut us off. I haven't spoken with them yet but it seems TalkTalk changed the migration date or removed it.
- TalkTalk's router arrives a few days before the Go Live date. Everything looks to be going well. We should get VDSL in a few days!
- TalkTalk cancel our order with no explanation!
- A returns bag arrives for our new TalkTalk router.
- TalkTalk call us to say they will investigate why the orders are being cancelled. I tell them we're a shared LLU customer. TalkTalk rep understands this and says they will call again Wednesday.
- TalkTalk call today (Wednesday) to say they can't provide us with fibre broadband.
This whole process has taken just over one month. To be fair to TalkTalk, their customer services reps have been helpful and understanding whenever we've called. The best progress was made when we spoke to someone in the complaints department when the Go Live date was moved without notice. The rep credited our account with one month's subscription cost. I think their order process is to blame because it takes the order and then cancels without explanation at the first sign of trouble, but doesn't provide details of the problem to their customer advisors.
Our options seem to be:
- Have the line transferred fully to TalkTalk somehow, changing the number and possibly incurring service interruption and additional charges.
- Find an alternative ISP who can provide VDSL to a shared LLU customer. AAISP seem to be able to do this. Their customer services rep told me it should be possible as my line is showing as being on BT Wholesale's network.
- Stick with ADSL2+.
I'd love to go with AAISP but for the amount of data we use I expect the monthly charge to be £45, so it's a bit steep. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Edited by worMatty (Wed 05-Jul-17 15:34:32)