General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jaybee2017
(newbie) Thu 08-Jun-17 17:19:04
Print Post

Clarification on Download Speeds Please *DELETED*

[link to this post]

Post deleted by jaybee2017

Edited by jaybee2017 (Thu 08-Jun-17 17:45:41)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 08-Jun-17 18:24:45
Print Post

Re: Clarification on Download Speeds Please

[re: jaybee2017] [link to this post]

Edit: Have you solved the problem? Your deletion time doesn't show, so readers could be confused by my reply, which I started writing at about 18:15 or later, when it was all there.

End edit.

Could you tell us the exchange please. It might help, as Zen have two different ways of conveying your traffic from the exchange onwards. (Backhaul).

I'm having a bit of trouble with
The Zen "Line Rate Data" stats for my connection quote a "Sync Rate" figure which is stated as being being "approximately 88% of the current Sync Rate", and a "current maximum download speed" that is around 97% of the "current Sync Rate". In practice the maximum download speeds are pretty close to the quoted "current maximum download speed".

So I am seeing download speeds that are consistently around 85% (=88% x 97%) of the sync speed.
The last two sentences seem to me to be contradicting each other, unless I'm misreading something. Or you've got in a mixup somewhere in trying to explain it to non-Zen users smile.

(Also, but not really relevant, I think you mean a 40/10 package).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63679/13080Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 08-Jun-17 18:28:05)

Standard User jaybee2017
(newbie) Fri 09-Jun-17 10:26:37
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thread withdrawn when I looked at it again at it with brain in gear. Hoped to avoid wasting peoples' time - apologies.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 09-Jun-17 14:37:20
Print Post

[re: jaybee2017] [link to this post]

Cheers smile. Too late for me to do anything about my post.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63679/13080Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 09-Jun-17 14:37:37)

Print Thread

Jump to