General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 14-Jun-17 12:34:07
Print Post

Re: My Fluidone FTTPoD install experience

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

Interesting comment, since the Infinity packages listed are all unlimited, that drop down is common to all packages, since there are some sold that do have limits involve.

So question to wider audience, does including that on an individual package page make everyone think there is a usage limit (purpose originally was to allow system to the maths on packages that have usage limits)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User kwillers
(newbie) Wed 14-Jun-17 12:36:12
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rastus:
In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
In areas where the choice has been made to deploy a similar speed natively, i.e. accept the longer term payback then prices are very different e.g. https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/bt/packages/ultr... still not as cheap but a lot cheaper than FoD

I'd say that coupled with the relatively low download allowances listed in the 'Select usage profile' drop-down list, take-up would be severely limited.

I agree I assume those are daily figures - if monthly at 65GB what's the point
A few 4K movies from netflix and your screwed

Not investing in our comms infrastructure is like not investing in our railways.... oh wait we already made that mistake.

FYI my French connection in UNLIMTED. As Orange France said when I asked "why would we care smile" Well they actually said "C'est sans conséquence"
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Jun-17 12:43:02
Print Post

[re: kwillers] [link to this post]

Most of the packages are unlimited. That selection is for search purposes not an example of what the packages offer.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User burakkucat
(experienced) Wed 14-Jun-17 15:03:07
Print Post

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jabuzzard:
Now if the SX300 is totally locked down even at the console then that is another matter.
Unfortunately it is. frown

b*frogmella has confirmed to me (elsewhere) that even the front panel power button is disabled.

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.
Standard User kwillers
(newbie) Wed 14-Jun-17 21:31:22
Print Post

[re: burakkucat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by burakkucat:
In reply to a post by jabuzzard:
Now if the SX300 is totally locked down even at the console then that is another matter.
Unfortunately it is. frown

b*frogmella has confirmed to me (elsewhere) that even the front panel power button is disabled.

Ouch !!!
Standard User burakkucat
(experienced) Wed 14-Jun-17 21:40:40
Print Post

[re: kwillers] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kwillers:
Ouch !!!
Ouch, indeed. A decent piece of kit, totally crippled. frown

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Jun-17 10:20:57
Print Post

[re: Jabes] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jabes:
Like you, my exchange (NDBRI) currently doesn't have FTTPoD support but fluidone sales have confirmed that BT will open it up (should be this week). I'm assuming that the DSL checker will be updated to say FTTP on Demand when it does - I keep checking out the postcode/phone number of the house but not changed yet.

NDBRI is now accepting FoD orders. Just did a random search eg Florries Tea Shop, 96 High St, Bridge, CT4 5LB on the BT Adsl checker and the 330/30 service is now showing up smile

------------------------------------------------------
Fluidone FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps