General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Jun-17 20:37:23
Print Post

Re: My Fluidone FTTPoD install experience

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

If it differs, please post a link to a photo.

Or maybe the guy broke two off ?

Standard User gazzyk1ns
(experienced) Fri 30-Jun-17 21:16:43
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:

Either way, we definitely need photos to analyse.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-Jun-17 22:50:51
Print Post

Will definitely post some photos of it early next week (I'm away this weekend).

I take it the CSP cover can be easily removed using fingers only? Only time I've seen it open before was when the OR Engineer was doing the splicing works a month or two ago and that's when i saw only 2 fibre strands...i think!

Cheers.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chrisdev
(newbie) Sat 01-Jul-17 17:15:58
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Out of interested (and apologies if I missed this in the thread) what are the options for your neighbours who want to order FTTP now? Do they have to go the FoD route and pay a share of the construction charges, or do they now get native FTTP thanks to you?
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Jul-17 17:41:16
Print Post

[re: chrisdev] [link to this post]

The BT/OR dsl checker is showing native FTTP just for my address on my street and FoD for the others.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Standard User Garlic
(learned) Sun 02-Jul-17 12:10:36
Print Post

[re: Bill100] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bill100:
How many extra FTTP connections can the fibre itself handle - are additional connections multiplexed onto the same strand or would they use separate fibre strands? In that case, how many fibres are there inside the cable?

I presume (?) FTTPoD use the same connectoraised system that BTOR are using generally. Although the BTOR engineers that did my FTTP ran a 30 fibre cable to my back door! The engineer who came to connect it at the house didn't know what to do (apprently new engineers are trained for connectorised only) and they had to send an out 'old hand' who knew the old system....
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Jul-17 13:57:20
Print Post

[re: Garlic] [link to this post]

Certainly the FTTPoD install I did last week was the original non-connectorised stuff.

Standard User Garlic
(learned) Sun 02-Jul-17 15:52:23
Print Post

Certainly the FTTPoD install I did last week was the original non-connectorised stuff.

Perhaps it differs across the country. Certainly the impression I was given was that connectorised roll outs were the goal - as presumably they are quicker and require a lower skilled engineer. Both of which would seem to be favourable to making fttp/fttpoD cheaper to roll out at scale...
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Jul-17 18:47:50
Print Post

[re: Garlic] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Garlic:

Perhaps it differs across the country. Certainly the impression I was given was that connectorised roll outs were the goal - as presumably they are quicker and require a lower skilled engineer. Both of which would seem to be favourable to making fttp/fttpoD cheaper to roll out at scale...

Several phone poles down a road round the corner from me have both the old Manifold as well as the new connectorized block at the top.

And I am in East London.

Pau

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | BQM #4 Linksys WRT 3200 ACM
Standard User ferretuk
(member) Mon 03-Jul-17 10:46:06
Print Post

Silly question, but is only one fibre strand used for FTTP? 100/1000BaseFX uses two strands of course (one for TX and one for RX) so does FTTP use different wavelengths on the same fibre for bi-directional data?

AAISP Home::1 Terabyte | IPv4 BQM | IPv6 BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to