General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User thebigdolphin1
(member) Thu 15-Jun-17 21:26:08
Print Post

TalkTalk fibre medium upload speeds increased?

[link to this post]

My router/modem has recently re-synced this morning, and I am now receiving upload speeds of around 4Mb/s (synced at 4429). I thought talktalk's fibre medium ("Faster Fibre") product was was a 38/2 product? Are they upgrading this permanently, or is it just an error with the system?

I'm obviously not complaining, but it just surprised me when I ran a speed test.

TalkTalk - Fibre - 24Mbps down - 2Mbps up
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 15-Jun-17 22:03:13
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk fibre medium upload speeds increased?

[re: thebigdolphin1] [link to this post]

Next product up is 38/9 so would normally expect a higher upload than 4429 unless the line is long, e.g. download speeds in the 20 to 27 Mbps region

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User thebigdolphin1
(member) Thu 15-Jun-17 22:04:12
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yep, long line is definitely the reason it's only 4Mbps (assuming it is on a 9/10Mb profile)

TalkTalk - Fibre - 24Mbps down - 2Mbps up

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 15-Jun-17 22:07:27
Print Post

[re: thebigdolphin1] [link to this post]

They are some price changes coming in 2018 so maybe they are adopted the higher upload product as this is like to see its price drop, when others may not. Will have a better idea at end of the month when the speed test analysis runs, since an upload jump should be obvious if they've done it to a chunk of their customers

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to