General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Andycs149
(member) Fri 16-Jun-17 09:53:31
Print Post

New Hpome Build - Not showing as Fibre

[link to this post]

Hi Y'all

Im in the process of buying a new build and the street is serviced by Cab 37 in Bolton. Some of the addresses are showing fibre speeds on the address checker but my house number is not

Anyone any ideas how Im going to get round this when i ring my current supplier as their website says its an adsl only address even though the number next door is showing as fibre capable

Postcode is (BL1 8FZ) some sample house numbers (not mine lol) 51 (no fibre) 47 (fibre)

It appears that the new builds are all showing no fibre even though they are on the same cab frown The Cab is one of the huge ones I cant imagine it being at capacity yet its a brand new estate less than 12 months old and still getting more homes

Thanks

Andy

See Ya
Andy 'Mush' Smith
Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-Jun-17 10:09:12
Print Post

Re: New Hpome Build - Not showing as Fibre

[re: Andycs149] [link to this post]

It'll be because there's no DP/line data yet for the property.

You'll likely need to order a line and ADSL, once active the systems and databases will update with the relevant data for the like and FTTC availability will show.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Jun-17 10:18:12
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

The databases generally lag for new builds - a known issue. A good ISP should be able to recognise this and put through some sort of manual order.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(experienced) Fri 16-Jun-17 14:31:33
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

That's what I had to do when I moved to a new build and when fibre showed avaliable a couple of days after the phone line was installed I upgraded.
Standard User Fastman2
(experienced) Fri 16-Jun-17 19:36:07
Print Post

[re: Andycs149] [link to this post]

you sure they are on the same cab
postcodes are remarkleby unreliable
you might find the the early phase are on an existing cab some distance away
and that the cab you refer to is a new copper cabinet with no fibre cabinet
is there a fibre cabinet next to it
whats the development name and who's the developer
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Jun-17 19:44:01
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

Pretty sure Astley Bridge cabinet 37 is the one and it is at https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.5972974,-2.4173192... with its VDSL2 partner across the road

Rarely I do see some new phases on new build sites, which should on cabinet for phone/ADSL but no FTTC option, and then you see FTTP appear a bit later, i.e. some later phases now FTTP is the flavour of the month get chosen. A massive amount depends on the developer and how well they communicate with Openreach, and then back to the public.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to