General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User arobertson545
(member) Sun 18-Jun-17 12:43:16
Print Post

Did your DLM reset when you migrated?

[link to this post]

I'm migrating from TalkTalk LLU (FTTC + phone) to BT, and taking BT Infinity and the phone line with them.

I'm migrating from LLU to BTw and also from the up to 76Mbps product, to the up to 52Mbps product, so I am hoping this resets the DLM as I am currently banded.

Has anyone done such a migration and was your DLM reset? There seems to be no consensus.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 18-Jun-17 13:00:50
Print Post

Re: Did your DLM reset when you migrated?

[re: arobertson545] [link to this post]

As its a product speed change too then I expect DLM to reset, since it needs to learn how the line handles the up to 55/10 maximum sync speed

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Jun-17 16:21:36
Print Post

[re: arobertson545] [link to this post]

Mine seems to have even though it's the same product (80/20). With Plusnet I was getting around 65/18 but since migrating to IDNet nearly two weeks ago I'm only getting around 59Mb/s. Hopefully it will recover eventually :-/

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Sun 18-Jun-17 16:22:08)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 18-Jun-17 17:17:00
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

With the three different DLM groupings providers can have, it may be that if switching and provider uses a different grouping then it gets reset as new setting and parameters are used

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User smurf46
(committed) Sun 18-Jun-17 22:29:38
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andrue:
Mine seems to have even though it's the same product (80/20). With Plusnet I was getting around 65/18 but since migrating to IDNet nearly two weeks ago I'm only getting around 59Mb/s. Hopefully it will recover eventually :-/

Welcome back Andrue, what brought you back?

My attempt to leave IDNet ended when the boss phoned me up and asked what I was up to. The conversation went something along the lines of the other man's grass is always greener . . . well actually I know it isn't. So I'm still here. And banded for ever. Which doesn't matter either, except in my dreams. (Except I don't have any that I ever remember, anyway).

We see things not as they are, but as we are .
- Anais Nin
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 19-Jun-17 16:47:15
Print Post

[re: smurf46] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by smurf46:
In reply to a post by Andrue:

Welcome back Andrue, what brought you back?
Got fed up of Plusnet's worsening technical support basically. Costs me a bit more but at least I can talk to people who (a) care and (b) are actually empowered to solve problems.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
  Print Thread

Jump to