General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User raesene
(newbie) Sun 02-Jul-17 10:12:01
Print Post

Process for getting the Openreach Database corrected?

[link to this post]

hi all,

I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction for something. The village hall where I live is looking to get a Fibre broadband line installed, but when the postcode was checked by an ISP (A&A) it came back as being a 20CN line that couldn't get upgraded.

The thing is I know that the exchange has had it's 21CN upgrade and if I check the next door property it gets listed as being able to get a 70Mbps connection, from the new FTTC cab that got installed nearby

what I think might have happened is that the village hall doesn't currently have a phone line connected, so maybe the old record from the last time it did is what's in the database.

(Post code is PA24 8AQ, property is "The village hall". The next door property I checked was "The scout centre")

Any pointers on how to get this updated so an order could be placed would be much appreciated smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 02-Jul-17 10:32:10
Print Post

Re: Process for getting the Openreach Database corrected?

[re: raesene] [link to this post]

Issue is that postcode was previously exchange only and now FTTC is available but checker has been updated and appears some premises have not been updated.

Not having a phone line might be part of the problem, in other areas have seen the checkers eventually update, in first instance and particularly with AAISP they should be up to the task of passing onto Openreach a suspected checker error and for someone to check and update. If that fails then can go directly to Openreach but really is just the same as providers can do.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to