General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Binary_Digit
(regular) Tue 04-Jul-17 15:04:35
Print Post

'Unlimited' Uploads? Moving to Uno or AAISP - CCTV upstreams

[link to this post]

Away to move from my apartment which has Hyperoptic 1Gig to a house which seems to have fairly poor results for FTTC. Need to know if with Uno or AAISP (TTB) would have any issues uploading 24/7 with 1 or 2 nest cams (dependent on the final speeds I receive). Currently use one as a baby monitor but will be using them to monitor my back garden and driveway. Nest say it can use up to 380 Gb (likely much less) a month which is about 12 Gb a day.. each.

I know some ISP's don't like you using a residential connection as a server so I'm wondering if they would have any issues with it seeing the constant upload.

The house has never had a broadband connection so I'm hoping BTw's checked is being conservative on its line guesstimates. Going to be painful leaving a Gigabyte service!

Exchange / Nest / LLU details
Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 04-Jul-17 16:12:06
Print Post

Re: 'Unlimited' Uploads? Moving to Uno or AAISP - CCTV upstr

[re: Binary_Digit] [link to this post]

If you have an unlimited service then I can't see it being a problem.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 04-Jul-17 17:20:52
Print Post

Gb, or GB (GigaByte)?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 71288/12440Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(regular) Tue 04-Jul-17 18:06:49
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Shhh you.. or i'll Byte... wink
Standard User toph3r
(experienced) Tue 04-Jul-17 21:57:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by Binary_Digit:
Away to move from my apartment which has Hyperoptic 1Gig to a house which seems to have fairly poor results for FTTC. Need to know if with Uno or AAISP (TTB) would have any issues uploading 24/7 with 1 or 2 nest cams (dependent on the final speeds I receive). Currently use one as a baby monitor but will be using them to monitor my back garden and driveway. Nest say it can use up to 380 Gb (likely much less) a month which is about 12 Gb a day.. each.

My parents are on Zen Internet FTTC unlimited (why go with AAISP given their lousy bandwidth allocations - will never understand that), and have several Nest cameras (including the outside one I imported for them from the US) with 1080p streams all working just fine.
(regular) Tue 04-Jul-17 22:58:09
Print Post

[re: toph3r] [link to this post]

Glad to hear that. I was with Zen before Hyperoptic and the network isn't as great as it used to be, had lots of problems with BTw congestion and other reliability issues not related to my connection (ie not between my property and exchange).. really don't fancy going back to them or a BTw provided service.

I'll be using less than AAISP's 1TB download limit and UNO is 'unlimited'
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Jul-17 23:54:13
Print Post

I cannot attest to these two ISPs but certainly you'd have no issues on an unlimited product. I have uploaded 100s of gbs on sky, Talktalk and BT without issues. Provided you have the allowance I cannot see a problem.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 05-Jul-17 08:27:53
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

With a limited product it should be even less of an issue as you are specifically paying for the data allowance - as long as the OP stays within the allowance then no reason that they should have any issue at all. It is the unlimited products where in the past ISPs could get tetchy with "high usage" but as you say that is unlikely to be an issue these days.
Standard User fredfox
(experienced) Wed 05-Jul-17 11:05:56
Print Post

I'm on a ZEN FTTH limited product and uploads are not included in the allowance.

When I check my usage it states :-
Please Note:
Broadband usage statistics are reset on the first day of each calendar month. These statistics have a typical delay of 15-30 minutes.
Upload data is given for informational purposes only and forms no part of your monthly usage allowance.

Pipex
Nildram
UKFSN
Be *
Now -> Xilo / Uno, Zen and BT

Fibre IS here ! FTTP smile
Standard User worMatty
(newbie) Wed 05-Jul-17 14:33:08
Print Post

I spoke with an AAISP representative a few weeks ago via Live Chat and asked her about uploads. This is what she told me:

"I see. Thanks. Is there any limit on upload usage? Say if I wanted to stream video, would I be able to do as much as I liked?"

"Upload is unlimited"

AAISP also has an IRC channel. You will probably get some good information from their customers.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to