General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gazzathehutt
(newbie) Sat 08-Jul-17 00:39:27
Print Post

Connection charges for FTTP

[link to this post]

I am the lead on a Community Fibre Partnership initiative covering five commercial units and five residences - ten premises in total (all converted farm buildings in close proximity to each other). I have a quote from BT Openreach to provision FTTP to all ten premises for about £6,000 which seems attractive and the owners of the ten premises are all willing to share the cost. BT says that they will, for the £6k, install FTTP to a single point a maximum of 160m from each of the ten premises. My concern is that we pay the £6k then find that we face huge connection costs to get the fibre from the single connection point to our premises. How do I find out in advance what the connection charges will be or does BT's commitment to install to "within 160m" automatically limit to connection charges that can apply? Any and all advice gratefully received!
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 10-Jul-17 08:40:12
Print Post

Re: Connection charges for FTTP

[re: gazzathehutt] [link to this post]

It should be covered by the standard product offerings once you pay for the provision - so whatever would normally be paid on a package that would have been supplied via their normal commercial rollout.

However, as you have a quote then don't you have a contact at BT that you can ask to confirm this?
Standard User cymru123
(member) Mon 10-Jul-17 09:45:16
Print Post

Re: Connection charges for FTTP

[re: gazzathehutt] [link to this post]

My understanding is that the within 160m policy is there to reduce the impact of any additional construction charges once a customer places an order. Although I would check with them to make sure too.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to