General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User falko89
(member) Fri 14-Jul-17 10:04:34
Print Post

Re: My entire estate can get fibre bar me, who would I conta

[re: falko89] [link to this post]

Well to update still no further forward, the BT Community like BT seem a bit clueless as to what to do. BT admit yes I am fibre enabled but computer says no and seem unsure how to fix it. They told me they'd contact me with 72 hours, that came and went with no contact, I phoned them, they extended this to 5 days now, as I say the seem clueless.

I have seen similar post on here and on BT saying about it being an Openreach data base issue but the also have no resolution.
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Jul-17 10:16:20
Print Post

If you're getting nowhere try emailing the CEO.

http://www.ceoemail.com

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Jul-17 12:51:40
Print Post

I suggest you email one of the mods on this site, he has contacts at Openreach who can look into this further for you. Provide your full address and Tel no and chances are Andrew will get this fixed, if it is indeed an OR database issue.

andrew@thinkbroadband.com

Let us know what happens, good luck smile

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps

Edited by baby_frogmella (Fri 14-Jul-17 12:53:44)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nemeth782
(committed) Fri 14-Jul-17 19:20:10
Print Post

It might be that your line, as the first line on the site, is an EO line.

I've known this happen before to 1-2 houses on a newbuild estate, and there is no solution.
Standard User falko89
(member) Fri 14-Jul-17 20:24:34
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

Oh well that sounds good, I hope you're wrong. The entire estate is EO though, we are all on FTTP as we are less than 2 mins from the exchange.
Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Fri 14-Jul-17 23:49:12
Print Post

So do you definitely have Fibre right to your premises, or are you just assuming that you should have it because everyone else does.
If your property was built before or after everyone else then there's always the possibility it's been missed.

You may have a CSP (customer splice point) on the outside of the property, containing the fibre tube, ready to enter the house. If this is present then it's definitely a database issue
Standard User falko89
(member) Sat 15-Jul-17 05:56:24
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Ok we I am about 90% sure it's a data base issue. I'm going by what the Openreach engineer said last week in that the entire estate was fibre enabled. My house is just a random house in the middle of a small estate, nothing special about it other than the fact it's down as a plot number rather than house number, because of this it's the only house not listed as fibre enabled.

Ok there is a chance I'm not fibre enabled but it would be odd leaving out one random house would it not?

The law of sod here is I've been pestering BT for years for fibre, I can't see my neighbours doing this in fact going by lack of hubs showing up I don't think half of them even have broadband. I've even had my local MP involved twice, yet I'm the only one unable to order
Standard User gazzyk1ns
(experienced) Sun 16-Jul-17 05:02:53
Print Post

If you've done what baby_frogmella has suggested then it'll get sorted out soon, or on the other hand you'll know what the specific problem is.
Standard User falko89
(member) Sun 16-Jul-17 09:09:32
Print Post

Right guys just got a call from a very helpful person in cab 3??? from BT, who at the time was also on live chat with Openreach. Yes the checker is correct, for whatever reason, I am the only house not connected, why they could not say and when they also could not say. So thats that I guess, just typical as I was the person who pushed for fibre in the area as I said previously.

Why would they do this? Could it be out of spite because I've pestered them for so long?

Edited by falko89 (Sun 16-Jul-17 09:13:55)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Jul-17 09:39:24
Print Post

The only reason I can think of why Openreach would deliberately leave out your house, is perhaps the developer told OR at some stage that they've cancelled plans to build at your plot (along with that other plot). Otherwise its utterly mind boggling why Openreach would decide to leave out your house, if properties all around you can get a FTTP service.

However, its quite common for new builds to show up incorrectly on the BT checker due to database errors so as I suggested earlier, you should get in touch with Andrew to get confirmation from Openreach either way.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to