General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Wetdude
(newbie) Wed 12-Jul-17 10:23:21
Print Post

BT OR Fibre availability Web site

[link to this post]

Hi folks,

like so many of us currently without FTTC I have been checking the above for some idea of (if) when fibre is a coming.

I have been checking since February 2017 when I was moved onto a (new) infill fibre cabinet. By the end of Feb. the BT OR site was indicating "connect" and an enquiry to BT OR stated 4 months to service.

The site now indicates "activate" and states service typically within the "next month". However it has been like that for the last 3 months!

Enquiries to PN just result in a reference to the same site, hence I am still checking and waiting. With BT OR not end user facing where can you obtain some information more useful and relevant.

I am connected to cabinet 8 on the Bow Street telephone exchange.

cheers
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 12-Jul-17 10:32:17
Print Post

Re: BT OR Fibre availability Web site

[re: Wetdude] [link to this post]

Have you looked at where cabinet 8 is located to see what work is ongoing?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Wetdude
(newbie) Wed 12-Jul-17 12:22:32
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes the cabinet is located on the roadside at the end of our lane (approx 0.6km). The power has been connected for at least 3 months and there have been numerous visits by contractors and BTOR in that time.
I recently spoke to a guy at OFCOM and was basically told that as things stand at the moment no one BT, BTOR or any ISP has any obligation to provide any broadband service be it fibre or otherwise. Although he said things might change in a couple of years time.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User witchunt
(committed) Thu 13-Jul-17 08:12:32
Print Post

[re: Wetdude] [link to this post]

My guess is it is waiting for existing live fttc circuits to be migrated to cab 8 before new orders can be accepted.
Standard User Wetdude
(newbie) Thu 13-Jul-17 12:25:01
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

OK thanks for comment.

I guess the BT OR web site is just not fit for purpose.

cheers
  Print Thread

Jump to