General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User daehgems
(newbie) Thu 13-Jul-17 17:26:22
Print Post

Trelleck Exchange Cab 3

[link to this post]

This is more of a two part query.

The BT checker site, it has every property around me listed with a date estimation, my house is stuck 'In Scope'. Is this something I should be worried about or is it some database error?

Secondly, BT have been working up and down the road over the past year or so, installing overhead cables and green boxes on poles. The checker as of last week was displaying a 1 month estimation for the surrounding properties but has now reset to 3 months. Is it possible to get a more accurate time frame for when the upgrade might be complete?
Using the CodeLook website that I've seen mentioned in various threads, the cabinet has no information regarding the upgrade process.

Edited by daehgems (Thu 13-Jul-17 17:30:00)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Jul-17 20:23:38
Print Post

Re: Trelleck Exchange Cab 3

[re: daehgems] [link to this post]

Yep, almost certainly a database issue ..... And with no service as yet available to anyone, no need to fret.
Using the CodeLook website that I've seen mentioned in various threads, the cabinet has no information regarding the upgrade process.

That's because the infrastructure you are describing sounds more like FTTP .... so could be happy days all round in the end.

Standard User daehgems
(newbie) Fri 14-Jul-17 12:09:44
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply.

If it is indeed a database error, will that have any impact on my ability to place an order when the upgrade is finally complete?

Also, once the green boxes are in place on the poles, how long does it typically take for the whole process to be complete and for orders to start being placed?

The checker just appears to be on a countdown and resets every 3-4 months. Makes it difficult to get an idea of whether it is close to complete or not.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User daehgems
(newbie) Thu 27-Jul-17 14:38:36
Print Post

Bump
Standard User fiddler
(member) Fri 28-Jul-17 16:38:24
Print Post

Likely database error.

See here for advice: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4533156-lla...

Regards,

Rob
Standard User daehgems
(newbie) Fri 28-Jul-17 17:13:42
Print Post

[re: fiddler] [link to this post]

Cheers for the info.

Difference between that situation and this for me is that the properties around me only have a date estimate at the moment, while I'm just 'In scope'. Beginning of July the checker was displaying it as 1 month, it has now reset to 3 months again (something it has been doing for the past year or more).

It's the reason why I asked about the typical wait time after seeing those green boxes go up on the poles. As far as I can tell, it appears that all the cables and boxes are in place.
Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Jul-17 17:16:56
Print Post

Wait until the properties are accepting orders, then if it's still no lt showing for yours, raise the issue of a possible databse problem
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 29-Jul-17 10:57:33
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

What person above says, as once live the checker will finger crossed sort itself out

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MaxNRG
(member) Tue 01-Aug-17 06:58:36
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
What person above says, as once live the checker will finger crossed sort itself out

'finger crossed' kind of sums up the UK super/ultra fast broadband postcode lottery wink

Asus DSL-AC68U
on EE & Sky Unlimited ADSL
(Formerly on Be Bonded Service, alas killed by Sky)

Sky : speedtest.net : 13th July 2015 20:43 BST
23ms ping : 3.77Mb/s Down 0.60Mb/s Up : London Server

Be Internet : speedtest.net : 2nd Jan 2013 12:13 GMT
21ms ping : 4.24Mb/s Down 0.91Mb/s Up : London Server
Standard User daehgems
(newbie) Tue 08-Aug-17 16:05:23
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Well the BT checker has changed today, for the surrounding properties it's now displaying -

We're laying the fibre that will serve your area.
You can't order a fibre service today, but we currently estimate you will be able to between now and December 2017, as long as the engineering build goes smoothly. The checker will let you know as soon as a fibre broadband service is available to you.

Not really sure what to make of it, yesterday it was 2 months, now its end of the year.

That's all while ignoring the info for my house -

Your area is currently in our plans to be upgraded with Fibre to the Premises (FTTP).

Just feels like they continue to push the date back, over and over again. Is there any chance that someone on here is privy to what might be happening and have a slightly more accurate date estimate or even just some information about what the hold up is?
  Print Thread

Jump to