General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User woodlander
(newbie) Sat 15-Jul-17 17:23:44
Print Post

Hyperoptic Cabling

[link to this post]

Hyperoptic have just enabled my block of flats.

I'm considering signing up - but am concerned about the intrusiveness and appearance of the internal cabling - particularly as my preferred router location will be in the living area, at the furthest point from the entrance to the flat.

Has anyone any recent experience of the Hyperoptic installation processes and teams; and any advice to offer as a result.

Thank in advance for any help.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Jul-17 18:26:47
Print Post

Re: Hyperoptic Cabling

[re: woodlander] [link to this post]

Have only seen their stuff in flats where it was 'built in' as the flats were constructed.

It was in a utility cupboard, but the developer had fitted a small cat5 network from there to a few of the rooms.

If you feel they won't do a good enough job, can you not run a cat 6 link from your hallway (or wherever it'll be fitted) to your lounge ..... that way it will be done to your standards.

Standard User Damarr
(committed) Sun 16-Jul-17 11:33:42
Print Post

I'm in the same position and have paid an ex BT engineer to run a CAT5e extension from the entry point to my router in the tidiest way possible (drilling through a wall into a space under the sink and then rodding the cable through the voids under the kitchen units). The only cabling along skirting boards is nowhere near any door frames so it doesn't catch the eye.

Have a think about the least intrusive route for the cable. If it's tricky, I'd pay someone to do it rather than hoping the Hyperoptic engineer is up for it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Tue 18-Jul-17 20:45:30
Print Post

Hi Woodlander,

please send us a PM, we'd be happy to explain the installation process in more details.

Best regards,

Jelena

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or by email to support@hyperoptic.com
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to