General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Andycs149
(member) Tue 25-Jul-17 14:21:55
Print Post

which Provider supports a manual FFTC Order

[link to this post]

Hi all

I move into my new build house on the 25th August and there is no line at present and the address has been registered with Royal Mail so it is showing in the system as a Gold matched address, because of this my existing provider Vodafone will not put through a Bronze Manual order and only provide me with an ADSL offering on the new line to be gin with

Are there any providers that are known that will support a Manual order for a brand new build house without an existing phone line ? Next Door has fibre and is connected to the same cab the address checker says i will be connected too and shows FFTPOD as being an option for my address

Any Help and Advice would be appreciated

Thanks

See Ya
Andy 'Mush' Smith
Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Jul-17 14:34:27
Print Post

Re: which Provider supports a manual FFTC Order

[re: Andycs149] [link to this post]

You'll likely have to order ADSL, or iust a line and then once connected order fibre after the databses have updated.
Standard User Andycs149
(member) Tue 25-Jul-17 15:53:35
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

seems like a massively backward way of doing things and a huge waste of someones money and time?

any ideas how long it takes from line installation to fttc data being available?

See Ya
Andy 'Mush' Smith

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Jul-17 15:59:58
Print Post

Usually within a few days. A week to 2 at the most.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Jul-17 17:06:46
Print Post

Are you sure about the terms there?

Gold usually implies the address has, or had, an Openreach service. Silver is one that hasn't had service, but is in the PAF. Bronze isn't in the PAF.

See pages 9 and 10 in here:
https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/downl...

When I moved here (Silver, in PAF, but no recent service), Plusnet accepted the order provisionally, but said that a survey would be needed. 2 days later, the address turned up in the checkers, with FTTC service available.

Unfortunately, the surveyor got his information wrong, and put in the wrong cabinet identity (there had been a previous service, and the wire went another direction). The FTTC portion of the order kept failing, so we ended up with ADSL for a while anyway, until the right details could make it onto the backend database.

2 days to get the data wrong; 3 months to put it right...

Edit: Because the survey showed FTTC was available, that initial order went through as FTTC+telephone combined. It was only after the telephony was installed and the FTTC portion kept going wrong that we fell back to ADSL.

Edited by WWWombat (Tue 25-Jul-17 17:09:06)

Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Tue 25-Jul-17 17:13:01
Print Post

No need to order something you don't want to get a database updated. A decent ISP, or enough pressure to the right department of your ISP of choice, should be able to chase OpenReach to correct the database.
You can try contacting OpenReach directly via this form
In the end I had to email the OpenReach CEO to get my database issue fixed. I kept getting generic copy/paste replies from OpenReach to detailed questions stating a known database issue.
Standard User Andycs149
(member) Tue 25-Jul-17 19:38:49
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Thank you for the info - ive just filled in and sent the form asking for a database update if possible

thanks again

See Ya
Andy 'Mush' Smith
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Jul-17 20:00:14
Print Post

At a few places I've had to get ADSL and then upgrade.
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Wed 26-Jul-17 08:19:59
Print Post

In my case it was 2 days after installation and the database was updated to show fibre available.
  Print Thread

Jump to