General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tiffy2
(newbie) Wed 26-Jul-17 19:57:26
Print Post

G.Inp Implementation on Huawei FTTC Cabinets

[link to this post]

Anyone any idea why it appears that G.Inp is not currently being applied to a lot of compatable BT Huawei DSLAM lines (various ISP's) and some existing users are actually having existing G.Inp disabled ?
I am aware that there are ongoing software compatability issues with BT ECI FTTC cabinets, I am refering only to Huawei cabinets and users with G.Inp compatable modems/routers.

I am also aware that there is a school of thought that G.Inp will only be applied to lines that are deemed to have a requirement and another belief that it is applied to all lines with a compatable modem/router attached, excepting the current ECI cabinets issue, the BT chief technical engineer appeared to contradict this belief, see kitz forum Q&A posting.

I am ADSL2+ to VDSL2 converted for 7 weeks now, fully G.Inp hardware & software compatable and on a Huawei DSLAM, still awaiting G.Inp application.

See MyDSLWebStats site where guite a few members on Huawei cabs. have relatively recently been G.Inp disabled and quite a few more are in the same position as myself ie. fully compatable but never had G.Inp applied.

I have not as yet taken this up officially with my ISP other than posting a few queries on their forum which were all ignored, feel it would likely be a complete waste of time anyway as nobody really seems to know what's currently going on with G.Inp..
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 26-Jul-17 20:18:25
Print Post

Re: G.Inp Implementation on Huawei FTTC Cabinets

[re: tiffy2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tiffy2:
See MyDSLWebStats site where guite a few members on Huawei cabs. have relatively recently been G.Inp disabled and quite a few more are in the same position as myself ie. fully compatable but never had G.Inp applied.
I see 10 Huawei users having G.Inp recently removed and 5 never having had it enabled, out of 200-odd.
Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Jul-17 20:22:37
Print Post

It's merely a tool that DLM has to use if it feels the line needs it.

It does not mean that every single line on a Huawei cabinet will have G.INP turned on.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Jul-17 20:28:09
Print Post

Tiffy can you point to where on Kitz this is being discussed?

Tim
www.uno.net.uk & freenetname
Asus DSL-N55U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg LLU Fibre
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Current Sync: 71334/17938
Standard User tiffy2
(newbie) Wed 26-Jul-17 21:02:02
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

See kitz site here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/ginp-retransmission.htm
OK, this was 2 years ago but has certainly never been contradicted or updated on kitz site as far as I can see.
Has BT changed it's DLM policy on G.Inp application since 2015 ?

Surely every VDSL2 line would benefit from G.Inp action especially with respect to DS ES rate, anyone who has access to MDWS have a look at the historic data of anyone who has had G.Inp applied, the before and after effect on DS ES rate is remarkable, better than interleaving with not as many of the associated overheads such as increase in latency.

Yes, I agree on the number of MDWS active users on Huawei cab's (10) which have recently lost G.Inp, examine their current stat's., most are now on quite severe depth DS interleaving, why is this being applied when G.Inp was doing a better job with less overheads ?
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Jul-17 21:02:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
In reply to a post by tiffy2:
I see 10 Huawei users having G.Inp recently removed and 5 never having had it enabled, out of 200-odd.

How do you work that one out Batboy. MDWS doesn't always display inactive G.INP accounts. Once G.INP has been applied it needs to manually be reset by Tony eg on house move.

Tim

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 26-Jul-17 21:12:19
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Banger:
How do you work that one out Batboy.
By looking at "All User Stats" on MDWS with View Active Only set to Yes, sorted on DSLAM.
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Jul-17 21:20:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by Banger:
How do you work that one out Batboy.
By looking at "All User Stats" on MDWS with View Active Only set to Yes, sorted on DSLAM.

I can't find that option but I am only using the basic version. My point is how does one know if G,INP is active or not or just disabled for Huwei cabs?

Tim

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 26-Jul-17 21:27:01
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

You can see that using the colour coded key at the top - green, yellow, brown and blank.

All User Stats is the last link bottom right hand side
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Jul-17 23:03:05
Print Post

You can see that using the colour coded key at the top - green, yellow, brown and blank.

All User Stats is the last link bottom right hand side

Not available on Basic Version, just asked Tony.

Tim

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to