General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bladerider666
(member) Thu 27-Jul-17 23:50:44
Print Post

Bt infinity 2 speed increase

[link to this post]

Hi people. Been living in my house now for 4 1/2 yrs and I have enjoyed a reasonably stable 68 down 20 up on infinity 2. However in the last week my hub 5 is now showing 76 down and 20 up. Bit of a speed jump thats never happened before. Anyone any ideas? Seems stable at this....fastest its ever been....

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 28-Jul-17 00:03:02
Print Post

Re: Bt infinity 2 speed increase

[re: bladerider666] [link to this post]

Perhaps the Openreach DLM has lowered your sync-time noise margin. It can now set 5db, 4dB or even 3dB on stable lines, instead of the original 6dB that it was for years.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 71288/12440Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
(member) Fri 28-Jul-17 07:15:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Quite possibly as my noise margin is running at 4.7 atm.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrGimper
(learned) Fri 28-Jul-17 09:42:18
Print Post

If it's a Hub5B, could G.inp have just been enabled?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 28-Jul-17 10:15:52
Print Post

There are two other possibilities. One, as MrGimper says, and the other that your cabinet had a power cut and you were one of the early resync's.

I would tend to leave it alone and enjoy. It may do similar again soon and lower it to 4dB, or noise/errors will rebuild and cause it to revert to how it was before. A single re-sync in daylight hours might answer the question, but would either disappoint if it was a power cut causation, make little difference if it was G.INP kicking in, or slightly delay a further drop to 4dB with higher sync still if it is DLM seeing how low it can take it with acceptable error rates.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 71288/12440Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
(member) Sat 29-Jul-17 19:44:12
Print Post

Well I will see how long it lasts. The hubs last update was on 13/7/17. So I will see what happens. It has been resynced in last 4 days. (Wife pulled plug accidentally) still running same.

Standard User ironman12345
(regular) Sat 29-Jul-17 20:22:18
Print Post

I have Infinty2 80/20 and have also seen an increase albeit slight.
I have a separate modem and also the first router that BT has not had any reason to change after about 3 years with them.
Maybe OR have been very busy at the cabs,smile
Standard User arobertson545
(member) Sun 30-Jul-17 13:30:41
Print Post

[re: ironman12345] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ironman12345:
I have Infinty2 80/20 and have also seen an increase albeit slight.
I have a separate modem and also the first router that BT has not had any reason to change after about 3 years with them.
Maybe OR have been very busy at the cabs,smile

No, they haven't.
Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Jul-17 13:48:58
Print Post

[re: arobertson545] [link to this post]

Well, in essence they have.

The 3db roll out is still on going, so whilst they may not have been busy at each physical cab, they certainly have been to develop, test and implement it.
Standard User ironman12345
(regular) Mon 31-Jul-17 20:31:59
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lee111s:
Well, in essence they have.

The 3db roll out is still on going, so whilst they may not have been busy at each physical cab, they certainly have been to develop, test and implement it.

"The 3db roll out" What is that ,? , will it make any difference to my connection .?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to