General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Broadbean2
(regular) Wed 09-Aug-17 14:56:44
Print Post

FTTP Access/Availability

[link to this post]

Hi, I’m connected to cab 3 on the Newcastle Emlyn (‘NCE’) exchange in Ceredigion, West Wales and am currently in the ‘Build Stage’ of the Fibre Journey to provide a FTTP service.

BT/Openreach & Superfast Cymru’s broadband ‘Where & When’ checkers have just been amended to indicate that a service will be available 'between Now and December 2017’. Two days ago, it was indicating ‘within 2 months’. I’ve also checked the positions for FTTP deployments in other nearby exchanges and the availability dates for them have also been amended to show 'between Now & December 2017’. I expect this availability change probably applies to other areas in West Wales awaiting a FTTP connection.

For cab 3 on the NCE exchange, some fibre splitters have already been installed and connected to fibre near to some properties in Cwmcou village on the B4570. However, fibre splitters are yet to be installed to serve those properties along the B4333 road which are mainly the longer lines to the same cab. My question is:

Will the properties in the location where the fibre splitters have already been installed and connected to fibre be able to order a FTTP service soon; or will they have to wait until all the other fibre splitters have been installed and activated for the other properties connected to the same cab?
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Wed 09-Aug-17 15:18:00
Print Post

Re: FTTP Access/Availability

[re: Broadbean2] [link to this post]

Usually orders can be taken once each spliiter segment is commissioned. Does not require all to be completed 1st
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Aug-17 16:27:45
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Very much the case, we see most FTTP areas arriving in dribs and drabs rather than all at once

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Broadbean2
(regular) Wed 09-Aug-17 23:07:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi Mr Saffron & Witchunt - thanks for your prompt responses which are much appreciated.
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 13-Aug-17 20:12:39
Print Post

[re: Broadbean2] [link to this post]

I am in north Pembrokeshire and getting the same message of 'between now and December 2017' smile I will believe it when I get it though! not getting my hopes up.
Standard User daehgems
(newbie) Tue 15-Aug-17 14:45:23
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Is there a reason behind the change to 'between now and December 2017'? Seems to have happened in a few places.
Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 15-Aug-17 22:00:45
Print Post

[re: daehgems] [link to this post]

Hopefully because they are actually going to get it upgraded by that date. I remember seeing it say by July 2017 at one point, last year I think. My village had fibre laid and new poles installed 2 and a half years ago and nothing since smile
Standard User daehgems
(newbie) Tue 15-Aug-17 22:37:15
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Just seems a bit weird that they have changed a few different places to that same date. Just wondered if there was a particular reason for it.
Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Tue 15-Aug-17 23:10:28
Print Post

[re: daehgems] [link to this post]

OpenReach often put a quarterly date (March, June, September, December), and as that date approaches they knock it back 3/6 months. Wouldn't surprise me if as December approaches the date changes again to March/June '18.
Standard User daehgems
(newbie) Tue 15-Aug-17 23:12:15
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

That's the thing though, prior to the change, the checker showed 2 months.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to