Last year I was on BT Unlimited faster broadband connecting to a cabinet 1800 metres away.
When I saw a new Fibre Optic Cabinet/PCP combined unit being constructed 1000 metres away I asked to be moved to it - never did receive a written response but when I checked on codelook about 3 months ago I could see that my landline was now connected to this new cabinet and that FTTC was due in April 2017 but finally installed July 2017.
I renewed my original faster broadband contract 2 weeks ago on the basis that I could then upgrade to faster fibre but I am puzzled by my current Home Hub Stats which report G.993.2 Annex B with sync speeds 1114/5729
Is this BT Infinity - do I need to upgrade formally? Is my profile below the old ADSL one when I was 1800 meters from Cabinet
I would hope to get 25mb down and 2 up surely being 1km away?
Can anyone advise?
Heres the stats
. Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068343+NQ35233948
3. Firmware version: Software version 220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.2 (Type A) Last updated 17/07/17
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 1 days, 17:12:30
6. Data rate: 1114 / 5729
7. Maximum data rate: 1113 / 5912
8. Noise margin: 6.4 / 5.8
9. Line attenuation: 19.0 / 41.4
10. Signal attenuation: 19.0 / 29.0
11. Data sent/received: 1.2 GB / 17.1 GB
12. Broadband username: email@example.com
13. BT Wi-fi: Yes
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-5FXS
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-5FXS
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 34:8a:ae:7f:98:b8
24. Modulation: G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant: AA
26. Boot loader: 1.0.0