General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Mygri
(member) Fri 18-Aug-17 12:49:44
Print Post

Where did the Fibre go?

[link to this post]

Once again I'm asking for your collective help and expertise with a (potential) fibre connection.

We've bought a property requiring extensive renovation in an area (postcode TR18 5PZ) that had the FTTP infrastructure put in place at least 3 years ago. For a while after that work was done, the BT Checker showed fibre availability to the whole postcode, but now shows it as distinctly restricted, and ours is one of the excluded! As soon as we took possession I submitted a query via the Openreach website, and despite prodding them, all I've got is responses asking me to be patient and that they will be in touch. I get much the same from Superfast Cornwall, (it's now a shadow of its former self).

The responses so far seem to hint at resource limitations, and I do understand that may actually be the case, and I'm prepared to wait. However, what I want, and have requested, is advice from Openreach on making appropriate provision for when (if??) they are able to provide the connection via whichever ISP. (With the renovation currently underway, I have not yet signed up a provider.) I am anxious to avoid having some lash up installation foisted on the recent renovation, when with some appropriate and timely guidance proper provision can be put in place, which should not only minimise adverse visual impact, but also make the installation very much easier.

Can anyone advise how I might get Openreach's attention to get some timely advice?

Thanks in advance.
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Fri 18-Aug-17 12:59:43
Print Post

Re: Where did the Fibre go?

[re: Mygri] [link to this post]

Might be some useful info here

Edited by witchunt (Fri 18-Aug-17 14:43:19)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-Aug-17 13:00:52
Print Post

Does anyone in the postcode actually have a live FTTP service?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Mygri
(member) Fri 18-Aug-17 14:25:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Apologies for the delay in responding,I've just walked around the patch and I can identify 3 for certain; not a very high take-up rate, and one of those is a business. (It's actually a different postcode, but is supplied from the TR18 5PZ distribution system.)
Standard User Mygri
(member) Fri 18-Aug-17 14:28:05
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Thanks for the link but I only get a 'Server not Found' response
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-Aug-17 14:29:39
Print Post

Okay suggests its live and if number that low even if on a single manifold it would not reach capacity.

Pester away for another week and then after the Bank Holiday pester me via Andrew@thinkbroadband.com and will in turn pester Openreach.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Mygri
(member) Fri 18-Aug-17 14:35:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew, I'll submit (another) follow-up query
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Fri 18-Aug-17 14:43:51
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Try it now