General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User JonBradley
(regular) Sat 19-Aug-17 10:54:45
Print Post

Issues getting Fibre installed.

[link to this post]

Hi there,

We moved into a property in the last couple of weeks and arranged to switch my fibre broadband over. The openreach checker for the house name and number comes up as almost full speed 80mbs with Fibre available. The house is relatively new built in 2011 and the provider classed it as a silver key property (ie phone line not used and needed and openreach visit) This was despite the owners having had broadband there before. (Confused)

Openreach arrived. Didn't have any knowledge of the fibre order but linked it all up and we now have a working phone. This is where the fun has begun. Having put a complaint in about whats going on the ISP have come back to me that something strange is going on with the line and that their records are now showing that they can only supply me with regular broadband at 8mbps. Obviously not good enough. They have said they will fit this free of charge asap and have released me from my contract as they have missold what i could have. They have also said they're going to put a "TAGS Query" in on my line about what is going on.

And the next strange thing. With the openreach checker. If i put my house number and address in i'm told fibre is available and ready to be fitted. However yesterday when i put in the number that has just been installed i gott this:

"Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre, but you may not be able to order a service because our engineers are carrying out some maintenance on the cabinet that connects your home."

However as of today it is telling me:

Great news, Superfast fibre is in your area.

So where the hell do i go from here? The cabinet is connected. And so is my line. But there is something going wrong meaning the ISP can't order me fibre. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can try to move once they have installed the [censored] broadband on monday or tuesday. But i fear i will end up with the same situation in a couple of weeks.

Do i need to wait for this Tags query to come back?

Thanks

Jon B

edit: the wholesale checker is showing fibre available as well.

Edited by JonBradley (Sat 19-Aug-17 11:25:26)

Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 19-Aug-17 11:23:07
Print Post

Re: Issues getting Fibre installed.

[re: JonBradley] [link to this post]

Can you put your number into here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post a screenshot of the results?
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Sat 19-Aug-17 11:23:29
Print Post

Some have seen the mesaage about maintenance whilst g.fast is being added to the cab. This maybe preventing your isp progressing an order. If the checker is now showing availability for your number then maybe see if they can submit an order now

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JonBradley
(regular) Sat 19-Aug-17 11:28:03
Print Post

Re: Issues getting Fibre installed. *DELETED*

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Post deleted by JonBradley
Standard User JonBradley
(regular) Sat 19-Aug-17 11:28:56
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Here you go: http://imgur.com/a/zASo0
Standard User JonBradley
(regular) Sat 19-Aug-17 11:31:01
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Interesting. I'm going to check with the neighbours and see if anyone has fibre installed on the street.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 19-Aug-17 11:38:51
Print Post

It says there is an open order on your line
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 19-Aug-17 11:41:45
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Also to add when given a new phone number it takes a few days for the availability systems to match that number with the actual reality on the ground.

So long as the full address check is still showing FTTC availability then this is most likely the case.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User JonBradley
(regular) Sat 19-Aug-17 11:51:50
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yes that is the regular broadband ISP are putting in place because they couldn't get the fibre ordered.
Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 19-Aug-17 12:12:29
Print Post

Seems the databases have now updated with your line routing information.

ISP's should now be able to place an order for fibre to the cab.

It's a common issue on newbuilds and properties that haven't had an active Openreach service for a while.
  Print Thread

Jump to