General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User John_Gray
(member) Wed 23-Aug-17 13:42:31
Print Post

Chairman of Openreach?

[link to this post]

I often see references to Gavin Patterson as the Chief Exec of BT, the person to email when BT are making an omnishambles of something under their control. Often people report that this troubleshooting team can resolve problems were no other member of staff managed it.

My problem is not with BT, but Openreach! They have sent out their subcontractors Kelly Communications four times so far to set up a fibre broadband line for us, but each time the engineer had been tasked only to set up a PSTN line. There are complications which I won't bother stating, but I'd be interested if anyone has contacted the Chief Exec of Openreach to get them to do what has been asked for!
Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 23-Aug-17 13:48:26
Print Post

Re: Chairman of Openreach?

[re: John_Gray] [link to this post]

You could have googled "CEO of Openreach" much quicker than it would have taken you to write out that post.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 23-Aug-17 14:08:15
Print Post

If BT are your ISP then you should email Gavin Patterson anyway as despite the fact Openreach are a sub contractor of theirs they are responsible for the connection and can apply pressure on Openreach to get things sorted.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Aug-17 16:13:47
Print Post

Actually Gavin Patterson is the Chief Executive of BT Group.

Don't bother emailing Clive Selley (CEO of BT Openreach) nothing will happen of it, even with evidence of the issues.

When ever I have issues with BT / BTOR and they are not able to resolve the issue I email both Gavin Patterson (CEO of BT Group) and Michael Rake (Chairman of BT)

If you put all required information of the issues and the best way to contact you i.e. via the phone, you will normally get a phone call from one of their office staff.

Just remember to be polite but firm when talking to them, going off and swearing at them will not help at all.

My dealings with BT / BTOR...
Long story short (well sort of short), we had FTTP hardware installed end of 2011 which you could see clearly.
BT said no hardware was there and that was it.
Got MP involved, which got the ball rolling and then hit a wall where even my MP was fobbed off, in which he wasn't too happy about going by the letters / emails he sent them.

Took a further 2 to 3 years of emails back and forth to Openreach to no good result.

Then after me sending photo evidence that the hardware was all live to both of the people mentioned above, allowed us to then order fibre.

You would think that the issues in getting fibre was over, well you would be wrong.

Engineers came to do the external work, when five mins later another knock at the door stating there was a build issue, the fibre were all live, but just didn't match the database, basically it was wrong at our splitter node (fibres in wrong trays) at the bottom of our road.

So that resulted in us all (2 neighbours and ourselves) being given tags on our lines.

Once the issues was resolved, both neighbours had their tags removed within 10 mins of the working being signed off as complete, but BTOR refused to remove ours even though there was no more issues.

Was fobbed off by BT for a few weeks stating BTOR said there was still build issues and that they couldn't do anymore.

So I had enough, I sent another email to my local MP stating all this BS along with evidence, I then forwarded this same email to the above two people at BT, 3 days later I received a phone call from BT.

You guessed it the TAG was removed and engineers was sent out to do both external and internal work over the next 2 days.

See they can send the engineers out quick when they want too.

So YES, contacting the two above people when you have issues with BTOR will / should get the issues resolved.

TBH I have never had any issues with BT Engineers, lovely people smile

But I have had a couple when they have been from Kellys.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)

Edited by PaulKirby (Wed 23-Aug-17 16:17:01)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 23-Aug-17 16:41:27
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Hasn't Mike Rake left that position now ?

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Aug-17 17:10:12
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Hasn't Mike Rake left that position now ?

Not too sure, the email never bounced, so he must still be at BT.

But that email in question was September - October last year, so its possible.

Nope, it seems that he still is chairman:
Sir Michael Rake is Chairman of BT Group plc. He is also Chairman of Worldpay Group plc and Majid Al Futtaim Holdings LLC and a director of S&P Global and Andes Energia plc. Mike chairs the Nominating & Governance Committee and the Committee for Sustainable and Responsible Business, and is a member of the BT Pensions Committee.

Also BT's Board of directors shows he still is the chairman.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Wed 23-Aug-17 17:38:33
Print Post

Jan takes over in November
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 23-Aug-17 17:44:09
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Ah, there ya go, I knew I'd read summat.

Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Wed 23-Aug-17 17:57:23
Print Post

Don't bother emailing Clive Selley (CEO of BT Openreach) nothing will happen of it, even with evidence of the issues.
I couldn't disagree more. I got a personal reply from him, was assigned a dedicated case handler, and had OpenReach out resolving the problem within days.

I've recommend contacting Clive to half a dozen or so users over on Kitz and they all had satisfactory outcomes.
Standard User John_Gray
(member) Wed 23-Aug-17 18:01:21
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lee111s:
You could have googled "CEO of Openreach" much quicker than it would have taken you to write out that post.
Clearly you didn't read the final part of my post:
"I'd be interested if anyone has contacted the Chief Exec of Openreach to get them to do what has been asked for! ".
PaulKirby did, and gave a helpful answer.
In reply to a post by ian72:
If BT are your ISP then you should email Gavin Patterson anyway as despite the fact Openreach are a sub contractor of theirs they are responsible for the connection and can apply pressure on Openreach to get things sorted.
I am dealing with the Complaints Dept/Trouble-Shooting group of Gavin Patterson's office.
In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Actually Gavin Patterson is the Chief Executive of BT Group.

Don't bother emailing Clive Selley (CEO of BT Openreach) nothing will happen of it, even with evidence of the issues
This is the problem - Openreach has been split off from BT (or soon will be).
All ISPs (even BT) will simply become customers.of Openreach, and can exercise no control or influence over what Openreach does or how they do it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to