General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tom27
(newbie) Thu 24-Aug-17 15:14:20
Print Post

Feltwell Norfolk

[link to this post]

Does anyone know when Feltwell cabinet 5 is going to get fibre? The other 4 cabinets have had fibre for over a year. It seems like we have been forgotten about.

Regards
Tom
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Aug-17 16:49:18
Print Post

Re: Feltwell Norfolk

[re: tom27] [link to this post]

Not too sure at the moment.

I can see by doing some searches that they are working on 3 new cabinets might be to-do with EO Lines or extra cabinets not too sure, but they are down to be completed by the first quarter of next year.

Apart from that I cannot see anything, sorry.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User burakkucat
(experienced) Thu 24-Aug-17 22:41:51
Print Post

[re: tom27] [link to this post]

When I last looked at EAFLT_P5, it was an old GPO era, cast iron, twin door, cabinet.

As it currently over-hangs a resident's driveway, I suspect that it will be re-sited before it gains a "fibre twin" or it will be replaced with an AIO.

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gazzyk1ns
(experienced) Thu 24-Aug-17 23:37:13
Print Post

[re: burakkucat] [link to this post]

I'm not saying there's any rule for a situation like this (in fact I'm pretty sure there isn't, it's done on a case-by-case basis) but there was a similar situation here - the PCP was as old as the estate, and got built at the end of (but fully inside) someone's garden. They just put the DSLAM beside it, about three feet away, but slightly "forward" of the PCP and so fully in the pavement.

Edited by gazzyk1ns (Thu 24-Aug-17 23:37:54)

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Aug-17 14:27:57
Print Post

[re: burakkucat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by burakkucat:
As it currently over-hangs a resident's driveway, I suspect that it will be re-sited before it gains a "fibre twin" or it will be replaced with an AIO.

The 2009 picture shows the bungalow being built, and a large hedge obscuring the cabinet somewhat. It wasn't quite so obviously overhanging the driveway then...

but is likely to be an issue now.

It'd probably be cheaper to move the driveway by a few feet than move the cabinet.
  Print Thread

Jump to