General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Scoot
(member) Sun 27-Aug-17 11:13:10
Print Post

Other than BT tech support...

[link to this post]

Where can I find out information regards a fault on my line?

I have found an OpenReach fault checker site here:
https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/help-and-sup...

But it says no major problems in my area.

Currently my DSL light is off and my OpenReach modem is not sync'ing.

When I ring BT it automatically says there is a fault in my area but the Indian call centre employee's are dreadful and dont explain why or an eta.

I have just got off the the phone nearly pulling my hair out jumping through hoops and answering basic questions whilst being told "thankNyou I will get you internetS sorted". 10 minute call later "You need to wait there is a fault in your area"

The chap kept asking me to tell him what Hub I use. I dont know how many ways there are to explain I dont use a BT homehub I use my own router, but I definitely used them all.

Is there a telephone number to a UK BT Internet call centre only?

Any help appreciated, thank you
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 27-Aug-17 11:20:45
Print Post

Re: Other than BT tech support...

[re: Scoot] [link to this post]

If the provider has taken the fault and is investigating there is no more you can do.

The Openreach site will only be showing major faults, i.e. affecting lots of people in an area, so if its just you no matter how important your broadband is to you it will not show up there.

As for the modem, the reason they insist on hardware checks is that if the fault proves to be your modem there is an expensive charge for wasted time. HINT Worth keeping a HomeHub around just for this reason of keeping support happy and also double checking that the sync not being present is NOT because of a modem dying.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Scoot
(member) Sun 27-Aug-17 11:35:16
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I was hoping there was a BT website that showed the fault and its current progress with maybe an ETA.

I understand they need to cross the T's and dot the i's but this was a comedy sketch phone call the amount of times I gave him the info required and then had to repeat it, including my name.

I do have a spare homehub in case my router fails but seeing as the OpenReach modem DSL line is off, you'd hope certain checks could be eliminated early on in the phone call and they look straight at the sync issue.

Another reason I wanted to check is that there are lots of service issue reports on the BT website but none of them are my Town or Dialling code. If I could see that it was in the list you'd have faith it actually was being worked on.

Thanks for replying MrSaffron

Edited by Scoot (Sun 27-Aug-17 11:40:23)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 27-Aug-17 12:02:10
Print Post

So have you tried the spare homehub to ensure it is not syncing, i.e. it a small chance by modems do die on the DSL sync side but its not obvious otherwise.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Scoot
(member) Sun 27-Aug-17 12:05:07
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The backup Hub I have does not have a VDSL modem in it, its old.

The call centre has said there is a problem outside of my house so I am hoping that info is correct and I need to wait it out, just wanted to see some progress or eta.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 27-Aug-17 12:06:53
Print Post

Does your phone work ok?
Standard User Scoot
(member) Sun 27-Aug-17 12:07:50
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yes, phone line is fine
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 27-Aug-17 12:09:54
Print Post

Try https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faul...
Standard User Scoot
(member) Sun 27-Aug-17 12:13:16
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Try https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faul...

That was the service page I was referring to a little earlier. My dialling code/area is not on there, if it was I would feel a little better knowing it was in progress and being looked in to.

Maybe my issue isn't wide spread enough to warrant it.

Thanks though BatBoy
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sun 27-Aug-17 12:14:33
Print Post

Did you enter your phone number as requested?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to