General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Simond88
(newbie) Tue 05-Sep-17 12:57:17
Print Post

Question about a cabinet that's been built in my area

[link to this post]

Hi

I'm fairly new to all this but last year I moved to Glasgow and have had to put up with normal DSL speeds, I've checked my availability to fibre almost everyday on openreach and 2 weeks ago our status changed from "In Scope" to "Activate".

Now this got me quite excited as we seemed to skip the build part entirely, I am concerned that this may be misleading as I've checked other local premises and some are listed as still being "in scope".

Is there anywhere I can get additional information about the cabinet and when fibre may be available? I'm connected to the Glasgow South exchange and our cabinet shows as number 69.

Do they upgrade cabinets sequentially? As number 68 is accepting orders for fibre.

Thanks!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 05-Sep-17 13:09:06
Print Post

Re: Question about a cabinet that's been built in my area

[re: Simond88] [link to this post]

Numbering is not any indication of the going live order...

cabinet 69 I believe was to resolve some EO lines in the area and numerous other cabinets have gone live doing this, i.e. each cabinet usually fixes a few bundles.

Likely to be before end of year, simply based on the rate that other cabinets have been going live fixing EO in the Scottish cities

There are still some premises locally that are Exchange Only so will only show as in scope.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Simond88
(newbie) Tue 05-Sep-17 13:20:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply, so if I'm showing as "Activate" on Openreach, they are 100% looking at hooking us up to the fibre network in the next few months?

I'm just worried about getting my hopes up, I hate slow internet!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 05-Sep-17 13:54:12
Print Post

[re: Simond88] [link to this post]

Should be good news, but always the risk someone has made a typo when updating things and its another cabinet...

Therefore get a bit excited but temper it until you have the service up and running

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to