General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ssd1966
(newbie) Tue 05-Sep-17 16:25:16
Print Post

FTTC- When or if

[link to this post]

I am currently EO but nothing seems to be happing. It was stated area would be sorted in 2015 but nothing until last year when they put one cabinet for EO customers north of the exchange. 6 months later in Jan 17 they put a new Cabinet (Cab15) outside. Many local postcodes changed from Exploring Solutions to "Accepting Orders" including some houses in my street however they later changed back to "in scope" and have stuck at this for several months
Post code is PA2 8BH off Thornly Park Exchange
My house has remained at "Exploring Solution"

Appreciate if anyone has any insight as to what the delays can be.
I looked up a friend who lives nearby and the Openreach sit has him on a different Cabinet (Cab18) and showing as Field Survey however the BT Wholesale checker still shows his line as Exchange only

Seems to be a bit messy
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 05-Sep-17 16:39:15
Print Post

Re: FTTC- When or if

[re: ssd1966] [link to this post]

Exchange only line upgrades tend to work on a cable of bundles, and your postcode seems to have three bundles covering it, and thus seeing some getting FTTC as option and others in build and maybe others waiting still is not unheard of.

As its Scotland the worst deadline should be 2021 when Scottish Government has the ambition of everyone having a superfast option.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to