General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Snake
(committed) Tue 05-Sep-17 21:18:14
Print Post

Cerberus FTTPoD Order

[link to this post]

About to pull the trigger with Cerberus. Will provide updates on here on how things went.

I am actually ordering via my business so will be on the 36month contract.

Let me know if you have any questions.

The price quoted was as per their website. I am in Band B looking at £2000 installation.

Snake smile
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 05-Sep-17 21:25:30
Print Post

Re: Cerberus FTTPoD Order

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

Whereabouts in the country are you Snake ?

Standard User Snake
(committed) Tue 05-Sep-17 21:28:37
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I live in Seven Kings (Ilford - East London), my nearest cabinet is supposed to be cabinet 31.

Snake smile

Edited by Snake (Tue 05-Sep-17 21:29:10)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Sep-17 06:11:11
Print Post

OK, not an area I know. Fingers crossed for you ....

Like they used to say on the Waltzers, 'scream if you want to go faster'. smile

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-Sep-17 10:54:52
Print Post

Are they offering you truly unlimited usage (ie without any FUP or AUP) on their FTTPoD package? If unsure, I would get that clarified (preferably put into contract) before you sign on the dotted line. They are telling some people its a truly unlimited service yet others have been told there's a 750GB AUP limit per month.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10 running Voxel
Standard User Snake
(committed) Wed 06-Sep-17 11:03:39
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I have the terms and conditions and there is NO mention of a FUP or an AUP, nothing even remotely close to any sort of usage policy, apart from the fact that you are not allowed to resell.

The actual description of the product says:

Cerberus FTTP on Demand - 330Mbps Downstream, 30Mbps upstream, Uncapped, 1 IP, 36 Month Contract

Snake smile
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-Sep-17 11:23:47
Print Post

Thanks, yet here (second from bottom):

https://www.cerberusnetworks.co.uk/connectivity-broa...

it clearly states "unlimited usage (subject to AUP)"

However if there's absolutely no mention of "AUP" or "FUP" in your agreement then you're probably ok and should be fine to download TBs of data per month if required smile

Anyway good luck with the installation, if you already have u/g ducts in your area which aren't donkeys years old then your service shouldn't take too long to install and you should be up and running within 3-4 months. Mine was ordered in February and went live in June.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10 running Voxel
Standard User Snake
(committed) Wed 06-Sep-17 11:28:35
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Thanks for the link, I have got in email (in writing) stating the following:

"The data is truly unlimited. There is no fair use policy and no acceptable use policy. In this respect, it is akin to a leased line, where you will also expect these things to be absent."

I live in Greater London so I would assume the ducting and stuff is already in place.

Snake smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 06-Sep-17 11:34:49
Print Post

If its akin to a leased line they will be able to you your committed bit rate across their network i.e. you should never see a test to a server on their network dip below this speed

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Snake
(committed) Wed 06-Sep-17 11:42:39
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I think he was just trying to make a point. Its not a Leased line and I know that.

They have been very upfront about the miscommunication etc... and so I have asked all the questions regarding FUP/AUP and I have responses in writing. I have read the T&C's and also searched them and there is nothing regards FUP/AUP or any limits.

If this came about later on it would be a new contract issue and at that point I would be having a different discussion.

@MrSaffron, have you spoken to anyone at Cerberus to confirm what their service offering looks like. This would help immensely to clarify any confusion.

Snake smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to