General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AIT
(newbie) Wed 06-Sep-17 11:37:53
Print Post

Grassington Cab 3

[link to this post]

Hi,

I am getting mixed messages from BT business about a line on this cab. They tell me FTTC connections are not available yet (although I believe it has been live for some time). The Openreach checker seems to imply there is a waiting list -

quote "This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC services. You may place an order which will be dealt with in turn"

- (although BT Business could not accept an order and let me join this list?).

Could the cause be the cab is full / all circuits utilised and we have to wait until one frees up. Would OR upgrade the cab at some level of demand?

If anyone can help advise on upgrade dates, tactics, or what the real situation is, that would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Colin

Edited by AIT (Wed 06-Sep-17 11:45:25)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 06-Sep-17 11:51:37
Print Post

Re: Grassington Cab 3

[re: AIT] [link to this post]

Live since 2014 but covers a large 800+ premises

The waiters list means cab if full i.e. no line card ports left, and solution is add another card if space or stand another cabinet with a second DSLAM in it to add more ports.

Expansion does happen, but it takes time so look locally for road work notices about a new cabinet or the markings on the ground or it actually appearing.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User AIT
(newbie) Wed 06-Sep-17 11:53:48
Print Post

Re: Grassington Cab 3

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Many thanks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to