General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Fri 08-Sep-17 12:20:46
Print Post

Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[link to this post]

Created a new post, as the other one was losing focus.

I will post updates here:

Order has been placed.
Paid initial setup fee on credit card
This is a business package, so all prices are ex VAT.

Cerberus does have a AUP, but it DOES NOT state any limits. Just that they will warn you when they believe you are being excessive. I stated, my max download amount was 4TB in a given month, and was told that's fine, considering if you really hammered a 330mb line you could download 100TB, so 4TB is around 4% of possible total download.

Snake smile

Edited by Snake (Fri 08-Sep-17 14:59:26)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Sep-17 17:23:17
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

I don't like the sound of AUP. They can change it whatever they like. They might say it ok for u to downloading 4TB no problem. But later on they might warned you do not excessive 750GB only time will tell. If they lied to u, can you get out of it? I doubt it.
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Fri 08-Sep-17 17:28:49
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

All ISP's will have some sort of AUP. Please don't reply to this thread use the other thread. You are just making unwanted noise and causing confusion.

Snake smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Sep-17 17:33:19
Print Post

This is a free forum to anyone to post or reply. There is nothing stopped me or prevent me of posting here. So u can't tell me what to do. Only MrSaffron can.
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(experienced) Fri 08-Sep-17 17:35:17
Print Post

As much as you have a point, Max, I think for Snake to kindly ask you to use the other thread, isn't worth complaining over. smile

William Grimsley.
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Fri 08-Sep-17 17:44:11
Print Post

I'm not saying you can't post. All I said was that I wanted this thread to be about updates and not debates over what you or I think is right.

I don't work for Cerberus, and if your not happy with AUP or any other policy that's fine. No one is forcing you to sign up. I just want post updates about the install here. So please if you want to discuss more about policies, contracts etc... use the other thread, so people can get updates here without having to go through an entire thread.

Snake smile
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 08-Sep-17 17:49:49
Print Post

Ok, good luck. I look forward to see updated post from your Cerberus FTTPoD installation and updated from Openreach survey.
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Sun 17-Sep-17 16:27:33
Print Post

Just a quick update for anyone following:

I have been out of the country and so haven't really been chasing Cerberus. However they did try to call me and leave messages. They also followed up via email to let me know they are waiting on Openreach to schedule and survey. Openreach seem to be very busy, but they hope to have a date soon.

Snake smile
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Wed 20-Sep-17 20:04:15
Print Post

Update: 20/09/2017

Yesterday Cerberus informed me that Openreach will be doing an external survey to figure out how to get the Fibre service to my premises. Since their is no existing network (FTTP) in place. This should be done by the end of this week with an update provided on 25th of September.

The surveyor may ask to see the inside of the property, however the internal survey could be a separate survey depending on how much work they believe they have to externally. So in the event the external work is going to cost a lot they may just go back with an update stating excess charges and only do internal survey once they know the customer is going ahead and happy with the excess charges.

Snake smile
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Wed 20-Sep-17 22:29:55
Print Post

If you already have ductwork in place to your property, then I would be surprised if there are ECCs involved.

You stated in the other thread that you're in Band B (200-399m from the agg node), so you should be well within the £1,350 threshold before ECCs come into play.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to