General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Tue 17-Oct-17 21:49:23
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

No such thing, it's business not consumer.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Wed 18-Oct-17 02:58:43
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Throughput is not guaranteed. It's a shared service on the backhaul.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Wed 18-Oct-17 02:59:16
Print Post

You will get G.fast before FoD - that much I can say.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 18-Oct-17 04:40:32
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
Throughput is not guaranteed. It's a shared service on the backhaul.

True, FoD is contended but in the 4 months or so Iíve had the service Iíve not had any slowdowns. 310/30 Mbps throughput day & night smile

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10 running Voxel
Standard User GenuineCerberus
(newbie) Wed 18-Oct-17 09:49:21
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

To clarify some information for readers of this thread - the only upfront charge that Cerberus makes is for the installation band a property resides in. This means:

We input your information and we retrieve your Variable Cost Band (VCB) immediately
We make you aware of the cost of that band immediately
We provide you with a formal quotation with the stated band and stated cost combined
Payment by the customer is then made on this basis before any engineer is sent to site

There is no separate installation cost to pay where we then send an engineer to find out what band a property is in. This is known upfront, made clear and is known by Openreach engineers attending site from the get-go.

I'm very happy to see some of our clients in here, and finding positive experiences all round - we appreciate the feedback on an independent forum.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Oct-17 11:45:52
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

I heard my area won't be ready until next summer or autumn 2018. It won't be ready before xmas for my area. FTTPoD will be.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 18-Oct-17 12:58:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:

I heard my area won't be ready until next summer or autumn 2018. It won't be ready before xmas for my area. FTTPoD will be.

Don't forget that G.Fast is an 'up to' service (rate adaptive) so you'll always be trying to squeeze every bit of juice from your line (assuming you don't sync at the max 330/50). You'll constantly be wondering

Am i connected to the right type/make of G-Fast Pod?
Am i using the right type of G.Fast modem?
and potentially worst of all: will the dreaded DLM ever remove my banding?

On FTTP no such worries. You'll get a brand spanking new fibre optic cable installed all the way from the agg node to your living room and your ONT will ALWAYS "sync" at the speed you're paying for. None of this 'up to' rubbish or DLM to worry about. Reboot your ONT as often as you like smile Of course FTTP is not immune from congestion but this is potentially the only possible problem you're likely to face on FTTP wrt speed issues. Not that i've experienced any speed issues on FTTP (touch wood) smile

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10 running Voxel
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Oct-17 13:07:08
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I agree as FTTP/FTTPoD are the future NOW! G.Fast is just like another upgrade from ADSLMAX (8Mbps) to ADSL2+ (21Mbps) and for VDSL to G.FAST (76Mbps to varies up to 330Mbps) but I knew g.fast will get 330 for approx 5% of it (must be within 50m or less)

FTTP or FTTPoD no worry at all. And goodbye to DLM.

Edited by adslmax (Wed 18-Oct-17 13:08:51)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Oct-17 14:05:05
Print Post

To be honest if you are potentially in Band F for FTTPoD then G.Fast isn't going to do a lot for you in the current rollout no matter when it lands.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Oct-17 15:58:16
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Why ?

FTTPoD bands are from the aggregation node to the property, nothing to do with the PCP.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to