General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mumba
(learned) Thu 19-Oct-17 15:28:58
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Snake:
Bad news frown

The fibre reached 20 meters to the pole, but the duct work is blocked. So they have put in for duct work replacement frown.

I am guessing this is independent from the pole and so just comes down to when that can be done.

Snake you are so lucky that you are seeing physical progress already. It's not cool that you have this blocked duct issue but still they are working on it at least.

OR have told Cerberus that for my job they need to allocate night workers as day work will delay things due to traffic management etc.

So now I am at the mercy of OR actually making night resources available for my job.
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Thu 19-Oct-17 15:33:12
Print Post

[re: mumba] [link to this post]

I honestly wasn't expecting anyone from OR today - I saw three vans and thought just maybe it might be them, but didn't want to get too excited. Then I got a call from Cerberus to confirm engineers onsite today and possibly tomorrow. However they managed to get very far, shame the last 20m or so had to be blocked frown

Oh well now I have to wait for someone to dig up the pavement and fix the blockage, also need to wait on pole replacement, then fibre run.

The good news is, I am still just under a month away from the install date, and I think they gave a date based on things like blocked ducts coming up. Don't want to be over confident, but maybe just maybe they will still hit that date.

Snake smile
Standard User gigaplant
(newbie) Fri 20-Oct-17 08:55:30
Print Post

Does that mean you’ll end up with ECCs?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mumba
(learned) Fri 20-Oct-17 09:33:57
Print Post

[re: gigaplant] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gigaplant:

OR are responsible for any issues with their own infrastructure like blocked ducts or poles.

Also once the survey has confirmed no ECC's I don't think they can add any afterwards.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Oct-17 09:40:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by gigaplant:

I doubt it. Excess Construction Charges (ECCs), if applicable, are normally flagged up at the survey stage, if no ECCs apply then unforeseen work later on such as clearing blocked ducts shouldn't be charged for.

OP, I would take the estimated go live date with a pinch of salt - its not set in stone. Its just an estimate, mine was initially estimated to be in May 2017 but went live in early June. For me the most frustrating part was waiting for the FTTP line testing to be completed & for BT/OR dsl checker to update to 'native' FTTP - this took 3-4 weeks after the physical work was completed. But you'll get there in the end smile

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Fri 20-Oct-17 10:58:46
Print Post

No, these are covered by Openreach

Snake smile
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Fri 20-Oct-17 14:03:28
Print Post

[re: mumba] [link to this post]

Update 20/10/2017

I got a card through the post today from Carillion. This contracted by Openreach to change the pole. The bad news is the proposed dates for doing the work

23/10/2017 to 23/03/2018 (5 Months). They do say in the card this is mainly because of planning permission, permits etc..

Ive let Cerberus know - lets see what happens.

Snake smile
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Oct-17 15:52:28
Print Post

If your area is covered by Roadworks.org it will show up on there when a permit is issued, make sure you change the date option from the default which is today.You can even get it to send you an email.

Standard User Snake
(experienced) Fri 20-Oct-17 17:55:03
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

ill keep an eye on the site, but I am away for a week so fingers crossed when I get back the OR elves would have changed the pole smile

Snake smile
Standard User mumba
(learned) Mon 23-Oct-17 12:41:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by Snake:
ill keep an eye on the site, but I am away for a week so fingers crossed when I get back the OR elves would have changed the pole smile

I need the Elves to have night vision goggles in my case. smile
Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to