General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mumba
(learned) Mon 30-Oct-17 10:42:28
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: mumba] [link to this post]

Update 30 October 2017:

Hi All,

I've have another promising update. OR have informed Cerberus that they started their night cabling work on Thursday 26 October.

Cerberus are still waiting on more information from OR which they should get by Wednesday on how they are progressing with this work.

So at least some physical work seems to be taking place and my order is getting real momentum with OR.

I'll update you all shortly, with hopefully good news and not OR excuses about night resources or blocked ducts etc.

Do any of you have any tips of what signs of physical work I can go try and find on my street to assess progress? I know they are running the cable from a cabinet 1km away from my house so I will have to go hunt for it. Might be a great excuse to go for a run. smile
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Mon 30-Oct-17 11:32:30
Print Post

Why would OR give excuses about night resources or blocked ducts? It's in their interest to provide a service to you as soon as possible as they will only earn from your line when it's active and running.
Standard User mumba
(learned) Mon 30-Oct-17 11:47:53
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
Why would OR give excuses about night resources or blocked ducts? It's in their interest to provide a service to you as soon as possible as they will only earn from your line when it's active and running.

I didn't mean it in a way that implies that OR would do it on purpose just they are a big company and need to manage their night resources. Also about the ducts it's more a dig (excuse the pun) that I will be unlucky and there will be blocked ducts between my house and the cabinet /agg node.

On a serious note OR do seem to be providing as good a service as possible to lay the line as fast as possible. They just have a lot of logistics to deal with and old infrastructure.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User underzone
(member) Mon 30-Oct-17 17:03:57
Print Post

New prices announced today for FTTPoD:

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/prici...
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 31-Oct-17 10:51:05
Print Post

[re: underzone] [link to this post]

Surely this a BIG BLOW for those who recently ordered with Cerberus and FluidOne with all these ridiculously overpriced from Openreach pricing. Feel sorry for them now.

Edited by adslmax (Tue 31-Oct-17 13:19:27)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 31-Oct-17 13:15:41
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I think you should edit that Max smile. To make it clear the high price is due to Openreach charges, not either of the companies you cite.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 73724/12601Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 31-Oct-17 13:19:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Done smile
Standard User mumba
(learned) Tue 31-Oct-17 16:15:41
Print Post

Update 31 October 2017

Hi All,

I've had another update today from Cerberus. This time not the best news. So of course as my luck would have it OR have found blockages in their ducts during their work.

So now this means I am going to experience a delay but I have no idea how long. I should get an update in the next couple of days hopefully.

Regarding this new pricing it does feel like a kick in the teeth from OR to those of us that have orders in progress or recently had FttpOd installed.

They have been very vague with how the new installation costs will work but I assume it will be less than the installation costs on the current pricing.

Also it seems the monthly rental will be £60 less that they charge the ISP's. The most significant change seems to be that the contract only has to be 12 months. That's probably the biggest kick in the teeth.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 31-Oct-17 16:41:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by mumba:
They have been very vague with how the new installation costs will work but I assume it will be less than the installation costs on the current pricing.

For a single installation, no-one can say for certain until they've got new quotes and compared them to the old quotes.

In reply to a post by mumba:
The most significant change seems to be that the contract only has to be 12 months. That's probably the biggest kick in the teeth.

Agreed, though if we could predict the future I'm sure we'd all have 10 Gbps private leased lines funded by our lottery wins instead of FTTPoD wink

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10

Edited by baby_frogmella (Tue 31-Oct-17 16:43:31)

Standard User mumba
(learned) Tue 31-Oct-17 17:18:13
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Agreed predicting the future would be a handy skill.

smile

Baby_Frogmella do you have any idea how long blocked ducts delay things normally?
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | [18] | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to