General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Tue 31-Oct-17 17:32:15
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: mumba] [link to this post]

Can be tomorrow, can be weeks.

It depends on where the blockage is, how big the blockage is, whether it requires external contractors to dig it out, whether council permission is needed and the general workload in the area.

For the most part, they are usually pretty fast at resolving blockages but it really depends on the work load in the area and the work required to resolve the blockage. New installations (liked leased circuits) or existing services with a SLA/SLG will take priority for local resources.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Tue 31-Oct-17 17:37:20
Print Post

[re: mumba] [link to this post]

I'm not sure about Ceberus' terms, but I believe with OR that you would only be responsible for the work already carried out and the survey if you cancelled now. From the sounds of it, not much work seems to have taken place so far.

On the other hand, it's not clear what the new build costs would be for the new FTTPoD pricing. It's clearly geared towards getting a PON full of subscribers, so I would imagine that the costs would be lower than a single install now.
Standard User indigobanana
(regular) Tue 31-Oct-17 18:36:17
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

I wonder what type of criteria they use for premises passed per PON? Set radial distance from new PON perhaps?

FTTC with BT, ~38Mbps sync, 1.2km from cab!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Carbon
(regular) Wed 01-Nov-17 06:05:55
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Get well soon dude.
Standard User raesene
(learned) Thu 02-Nov-17 12:27:10
Print Post

[re: underzone] [link to this post]

If I'm reading that correctly is that the first time Openreach have provided a 12 month contract time for FTTPoD instead of the 36 months it was on all previous orders?

I wonder, if that's the case, if it'll encourage more ISPs to start offering FTTPoD services...
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 02-Nov-17 12:32:57
Print Post

[re: raesene] [link to this post]

The 12 month contract opens it up to the consumer market. However, a lot of ISPs don't resell the FTTP product itself so not sure if ISPs that don't sell FTTP would go into the FTTPoD market.
Standard User raesene
(learned) Thu 02-Nov-17 12:39:24
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

The change to minimum contract term could be very interesting as well as (AFAIK) once your FTTPoD minimum has expired it's possible to get a standard FTTP tarriff which is a lot cheaper. So more customers might pay for FTTPoD as a means of getting FTTP access...

I'm going to enquire with FluidOne about my existing order and whether this would affect it as it's currently blocked for an indefinite period of time waiting on a card at the head end exchange...
Standard User Toonshorty
(member) Thu 02-Nov-17 13:47:06
Print Post

[re: raesene] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by raesene:
The change to minimum contract term could be very interesting as well as (AFAIK) once your FTTPoD minimum has expired it's possible to get a standard FTTP tarriff which is a lot cheaper.

My understanding is that the annual rental charges are the same for FTTPoD as native WBC FTTP under the new system.

ISPs may choose to charge more to the end user, but the costs from Openreach are the same.
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Thu 02-Nov-17 18:24:34
Print Post

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

Update 01/11/2017

The road works for the duct were finished yesterday, nothing exciting so no pictures sorry.

I got call today to confirm Pole should be replaced on the 9th of November.

Snake smile
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Mon 06-Nov-17 17:44:15
Print Post

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

Update 06/11/2017

I was told that my pole change date has been brought forward. It will now happen tomorrow 7th November smile

I will try to make a time lapse video of it.

Snake smile
Pages in this thread: << 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to