General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Sep-17 22:31:44
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

I be very surprise if Openreach survey gonna cost u a bomb bill of more than £2,000 to cancel the order. Your probably end up Band C or D instead of B.

Edited by adslmax (Wed 20-Sep-17 22:32:37)

Standard User Snake
(experienced) Wed 20-Sep-17 22:32:11
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

I think thatís what they are going to confirm. The aggregation node is close, however duct work etc... needs to be confirmed. I have a pole right outside my house, so I am guessing thatís probably the path it will take.

Snake smile
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Wed 20-Sep-17 22:33:04
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

You donít pay the £2400 (inc VAT) if the survey has excess charges.

Snake smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Sep-17 22:36:13
Print Post

so u took first order from cerberus 8th September, openreach doing survey on the 25th September. Look like they speedy it up with your order to get FTTPoD activation date around December before xmas day!
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Wed 20-Sep-17 22:40:10
Print Post

The default time is 60/90 days to install, so yeah it could be December, but I was told this by them up front. They said the fastest they think it could be done is 60 days, but it all comes down to the survey.

Snake smile
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Sep-17 22:42:51
Print Post

Wish u all the best of luck. Remember post back each photos of the work by openreach, modem, router and post back speedtest (morning, afternoon and evening.
Standard User gigaplant
(newbie) Thu 21-Sep-17 07:38:58
Print Post

Same here, actively following as I'm tempted by Cerberus's FTTP on demand offer, I believe there's ducting under my house as there was a piece of string there ready for Openreach to install the cable when we moved in around 6 years ago, waiting to see how it goes on here before ordering myself.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Sep-17 10:43:13
Print Post

[re: gigaplant] [link to this post]

How can you tell there is ducting there? I got a footpath label BT under it just a few step out of my house. Can Openreach installing there?
Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Thu 21-Sep-17 10:51:16
Print Post

Because they can't pull cable through the ground with string. There must be ducting if they were pulling cables with string.
Sounds like a new property.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Sep-17 11:26:52
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

This the one footpath label BT just outside of my house. Please note: this is not a picture of mine, just example one

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/images/news/7389-open...
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to