General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bellamob
(newbie) Mon 06-Nov-17 23:43:55
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

I look forward to this video. Good luck!
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Tue 07-Nov-17 13:46:39
Print Post

Update: 07/11/2017

Telephone pole has been changed. Unfortunately my video of it is rubbish. I thought I rotated the video to capture the entire pole. The editing software decided to crop the top and bottom frown

Snake smile
Standard User mumba
(learned) Thu 09-Nov-17 17:32:37
Print Post

[re: mumba] [link to this post]

Update 9 Nov 2017:

Hi All,

I've had another update. It turns out that OR have completed their test rodding of the full 1km route to my house. Unfortunately it seems they have identified 18 blockages. Yes you read that right 18. It's probably the first time in 40 years that anyone has even looked at these ducts.

I am waiting on an update for an estimated time frame to clear these blockages and to get the fibre to the pole outside my house.

The good news is that separately the team that works on connecting the pole to my house and then running the fibre inside my house are scheduled to perform their work on 15 November.

So at least they are doing things in parallel and I will see some tangible evidence of work being done.

I did meet with some of the engineers from the pole to house team last Friday and they were very friendly and I showed them exactly where I would like the fibre to run.

So now I am at the mercy of the council and the efficiency of the OR contracting teams to manage to clear these blockages and get the fibre to my pole as fast as they can.

On an interesting note the OR engineer told me that the CSP can be fitted inside my house rather than outside which suits me as I have space in my comms cupboard for it. I thought the CSP had to be external.

@Snake it definitely feels like you are going to beat me to your first download on your new fibre line.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 09-Nov-17 19:11:45
Print Post

As long as you are home to provide access on the day they come to do the OH BFT and blow, then yes it can be indoors.

Standard User Snake
(experienced) Thu 09-Nov-17 20:01:38
Print Post

no worries mate, ill let you know as soon it goes live smile

Snake smile
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Fri 10-Nov-17 08:28:06
Print Post

Update 10/11/2017

Fibre team is running fibre up the pole and terminating to a DP (I think that's what the block is)

https://gyazo.com/3cc658046c85aa9eb5b43cbb6ac99ac4

https://gyazo.com/a20682cdb7ccdc0e698de4186c9d4b44 (You can see new black box on the left hand side)

Snake smile
Standard User craski
(committed) Fri 10-Nov-17 09:33:07
Print Post

I'm quite impressed how your order is progressing. If that is a new connector based fibre DP, will that mean your neighbours could now order standard FTTP?

Zen Business FTTC BQM
Talk Talk Business FTTC BQM
IDNET ADSL BQM
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Fri 10-Nov-17 09:45:10
Print Post

[re: craski] [link to this post]

My understanding is, that my neighbors would still have to pay the same installation charge. It would be a bit annoying for me to pay full whack for the street

Snake smile
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 10-Nov-17 10:09:41
Print Post

[re: craski] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by craski:
I'm quite impressed how your order is progressing. If that is a new connector based fibre DP, will that mean your neighbours could now order standard FTTP?

At present subsequent FTTPoD orders are charged at full price. However once Openereach's revised FTTPoD pricing kicks in from Feb 2018, one-off installation costs (single or multiple) will be based on actual work required instead of installation charge bands. So its possible that Snakes' immediate neighbours (and mine for that matter!) would pay significantly less in installation charges now that a FTTP splitter/DP has been installed very close by if they were to order the service next year. But under the new pricing, the neighbour(s) would need to request for a OR survey for which they would have to pay ~ £200 if they decided not to proceed.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10

Edited by baby_frogmella (Fri 10-Nov-17 10:12:48)

Standard User indigobanana
(regular) Fri 10-Nov-17 10:16:35
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
But under the new pricing, the neighbour(s) would need to request for a OR survey for which they would have to pay ~ £200 if they decided not to proceed.

Not forgetting though that an initial estimate would be provided free of charge. As far as I understand it.

FTTC with BT, ~38Mbps sync, 1.2km from cab!
Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to